Tecumseh HS50 ARC Rod

Hi guys! Awhile ago I put an ARC billet rod from a 5.5 Tec into my HS50. I saw people posting online that you have to cut off the dipper and install a stock HS50 dipper, why is that? Will the original ARC dipper not work? I’ve ran the engine a bit already and it seems to run fine so far. And I’ve already tossed out the stock rod and dipper long ago.

cfh

I've put several of these Arc rods in HS40 and HS50 motors. I didn't cut off the oil dipper. You need that dipper!

I am running those ARC rods in two engines and use the ARC dipper.
I thought that with certain big camshafts, the dipper might contact the cam, and that is only in certain engines.
So in certain applications it might be necessary but not in stock configuration.
I have used them with a small cam (245) as well with no issues

cfh

call me capt obvious, but if you install the rod 'backwards' the dipper will interfere. so don't do that?

markus

Hi guys! Awhile ago I put an ARC billet rod from a 5.5 Tec into my HS50. I saw people posting online that you have to cut off the dipper and install a stock HS50 dipper, why is that? Will the original ARC dipper not work? I’ve ran the engine a bit already and it seems to run fine so far. And I’ve already tossed out the stock rod and dipper long ago.

It works, its just in a different location than what they used on the L head engines so its going to lubricate the engine differently. Plenty of people have been using them that way and not reporting any problems though.