Tecumseh Identification

Yes, the numbers are 143 751032 SER 4243B. And thanks, I kind of figured it was good, but I wasn't sure. Also, I think the coil just got old, because this edger had been in my family since it was nearly new, and it was only used a few times.

The bore looks just fine (can definitely say I've seen worse!!!). As for identification, it's a "side popper" (side exhaust) with a gas tank-over-carb setup, meaning its either an H25, H30, or H35. According to some research, it's an H30.

Thanks man, Now I can get the parts I need. Do you think I should rebuild this carburetor, or but a $15 one off amazon? I have some experience with clone and briggs carburetors.

It is a float bowl carburetor. And I’ll drill the new one. Should I do the same to the carb on my ohh60? And how do I tell what year this engine is?

I dont think you need to drill out the OHH60 carburetor, although some other members might have more experience with that. For engine year, as far as I know the 4243B means that it was built in either 1974, 1984, or 1994. Judging by the blower housing (they changed the design in 1972) and pull start (they changed the design in 1987) it is probably a 1984. The 243 means the 243rd calendar day, or August 31.

Thanks, I think that's it for questions. And wow, I was told it was 20 ish years old, but it being 35 makes it cooler. I'll order the parts soon, and maybe over the summer I'll work in cleaning it up and possibly doing a restoration (or at least the handle).