Tecumseh obsolete parts

Biffmini

I agree on, Throttle Assemblies, Slanted
Intakes & Taylor Headers/Exhausts.
I have three HS50's that need Taylor pipes non slanted. With that Being said the the Taylor Exhausts, Slanted & non HS40 & HS50
Seem to me to have large demand...

Slanted intakes:

H30, HS40, HS50

Bolt on external alternator. While rather unsightly, they are simple and you don't have to mess with pulling the flywheel. I've got them on a couple of my riders and they work great!

Seems like the Taylor mufflers are real popular too

These are pretty hot also stock on big block Gilsons and late '60s Rupps:

Just some pics I had in my albums but I'll try to get some part #s later today.

Just curious on the throttle portion of this thread list. Been providing both the HS and H series replacement versions for the last year or better based on demand. What can be done different if folks are seeking them to be reproduced? Please see attached pictures.
Regards,
Joe51

I would like to see most anything for Tecumseh, especially intake manifolds and exhaust. I am currently working on an Hs 40 motor for a Rupp bike. Thanks for the thread

joshua. c.

this thread is from last year did you end up making anything? also when I went to rebuild an hs40 a few years ago and I found out the 10 over pistons are no longer available. there were a number of racing parts made for the ohh55 engine once and the oversized valves and corresponding seats are hard to find now, and there are no stronger valves springs currently made for this engine so people building them have to try ones made for other engines. also there's a billet rod made for it but not a billet flywheel, I would buy one if I could.

Since 1000's of people are working on these engines, Tecumseh had offered a couple of specialized tool kits.
I used to see the specialized tool kits available from various sellers for a year or two after 2008. But I have not
see any for sale in recent years.

markus

Since 1000's of people are working on these engines, Tecumseh had offered a couple of specialized tool kits.
I used to see the specialized tool kits available from various sellers for a year or two after 2008. But I have not
see any for sale in recent years.
Yea they had some good special service tool kits-gotta watch on some of the late model Kits when the come up that they arent for the Peerless units (unless thats what you are looking for). I have two of the older seal driver/rebuilding kits, one of the compact ones which is perfect for the typical engines on mini bikes, and one of the larger kits from the 70's that came in the bigger Kennedy tool box. This thread has my larger kit in it, but as of the last couple of years I have been using the smaller one I picked up since the box is more compact and easier to grab: "theres a tool for that!"

I'm due for some fresh flywheel knockers, I use them A LOT and they (at least the OEM ones) are soft steel and sort of sacrificial so if somethings going to get damaged its the $7 tool, not the Obsolete crankshaft (and/or flywheel if your using a puller)!!! My ones for the small, early threads are flat out wore out right now as well as my Thread chaser bit in that size :p (those Knockers take the most abuse as the aluminum flywheels "stick" harder to the crank than the steel wheels normally do).

dont have any close ups of the small kit, but you can see it in the background of these pics..as you can see its much easier size to deal with on the bench than the other one I have shown in the link above.

Hi Markus,
It is interesting that you mention the flywheel knockers. The Tecumseh thread knockers are another brilliant
Tecumseh invention! I use mine often for getting a part Jeep suspension and steering components. I own
four sizes. From what I can tell, the SAE thread four sizes are all that exists, but I would love to find some
metric thread sizes, to use for working on more recent and foreign vehicles.