tecumseh oil fill thread size?

I know this is a long shot but would anyone happen to know what the thread size is of the oil filler hole on side covers. Also would anyone happen to have one or know where I could get one. Thanks Rick.

I know this is a long shot but would anyone happen to know what the thread size is of the oil filler hole on side covers. Also would anyone happen to have one or know where I could get one. Thanks Rick.
I don't know what the thread size is but any small engine so should be able to help you out. Otherwise Google search "Tecumseh oil fill cap" and pick the place you want to order from.

CarPlayLB

Rick,
I can find you a cap if that is all you need. What engine? If you need a tap, I may have one of those too!

The cap may not be "minibike specific", but it will be correct for the engine!

My mistake. I forgot to say I was looking for the tap. I have an rear fill only and want to tap out front hole. I would put a different side cover on but it is s roller bearing crank motor and has a unique side cover very heavy duty. This is the motor from yoop. H35.

delray

rick, i will take one of my oil caps in and see if we have anything to gauge it with ?
might need also a side pto/cover?

markus

Its not an oil pump, they used that casting for awhile for ball bearing engines because it was already cast to accept the BB I guess, The governor rod is set into where the actual pump would have been, and I dont think the passages were drilled for oiling from what I remember of them.

The passages are not drilled out for oiling the cam. One of the guys at work in the tooling dept.is going to try and help out on the thread size tomorrow,he said he would check the pitch and O.D. of it to see if it is actual thread or custom cut. Lets hope we can find a size.

I had a couple of the guys in the tooling shop look at the filler plug. Both of them said it was a 3/4-10. I am going to drill a piece of aluminum and tap it to this size and try it first before on the actual cover. I will let you know.

The 3/4-10 thread works. Drilled out the blind hole and taped it. You have to go slow drilling it and have a good drill press and fixed vise is a good idea to. The blind hole is already to size for taping you just need to open up the wall casting I used a 5/8"bit to open up the wall casting.