Temp Tecumseh...

I have a line on a 5 hp Tecumseh... it came in a older Super Tomahawk Chipper/Shredder... am curious if this is a motor I can use as a temporary motor till I can find the right motor for my Powell E model lighted....

I don’t currently have a clutch... there was no motor with the bike... most everything else.... what would I want the crank to be? I have the pulley for the belt with the gear to drive the chain

Do I what the Crank end to be straight all one diameter with a key.... or can I go with a taper ... pretty new at this... probably stupid ?s

Capgun ... you confirmed the year of a motor for Scott 1961... as an 85 h50.. on Sunday.... that is the same motor I’m looking to use! Is that do able

capguncowboy

without seeing the crankshaft, I don't know for sure if it'll work. As long as it's 3/4" or 1", and not tapered, you should be fine. Standard length is 2-1/4" so you want it to be somewhere in that length range (a tad shorter shouldn't be a problem)

So I have found that the..1984 h50 motor I picked up will not fit in the Powell that I have... mine Is an Early E model... that needs a lighted. HS 40.. or HS50... so at some point the ...H50 I have will be for sale or trade..