"THE CHRISTMAS TRIKE" Redux

Thanks, but we shall see...

I have been staring at the trike yesterday and today since I got home from work, wondering why it didn't look quite right. Overall perception looks good but something wasn't quite right. Then I looked at the orig fork tube on the frame vs this one. The front wheel on the orig trike is 5" and the fork tube length is definitly less than that. My build is 5" to match the Azusa forks.... I am guessing the orig is 4" long or less. That plus the handlebars are even with the top of the seatback on the orig, but this one is about 2" over.

Looks like the forks get some more surgery. No biggie, should be back together tonight.

Looks perfect so far....
Thanks Gerry! Trying to be honest to the original with this.

The front fork lowers and footpegs are not welded in yet. I am going to wait and see how the other tire(11-4-5) looks and fits before setting final front end height. I just don't like the idea of stretching out this Carlisle 4.10-5 on a wide rim. I don't think it will look good. The first two B&W pics on the first page it looks like the tire is wider than a 4.10-3.50/5....

Time to figure out some steering stops and tubes for the cables.

I am going to wait and see how the other tire(11-4-5) looks and fits before setting final front end height. I just don't like the idea of stretching out this Carlisle 4.10-5 on a wide rim. I don't think it will look good. The first two B&W pics on the first page it looks like the tire is wider than a 4.10-3.50/5....
The tire has a very squarish profile to it not rounded....the brochure calls it a 4.10-3.50/5 :shrug: ...maybe Steve can chime in that guy has a good memory.

The tire has a very squarish profile to it not rounded....the brochure calls it a 4.10-3.50/5 :shrug: ...maybe Steve can chime in that guy has a good memory.
My other thought is the original forks might have been closer together than these. And with a 3" wide rim instead of a 4" wide...

I can chuck up the NOS rim and make it skinnier...

I received the seat templates from Don yesterday. Stopped what I was doing and got right on it.:thumbsup: Sorry to who ever is waiting for a seat. This job butted in front of you.:laugh: I took a road trip today and found what I think is the correct vinyl. I thought I was going to have to use black.:doah: Made the wood today and the foam and even got the piping done.:hammer: