The gilson project

Just thought i would share... Still needs the forks straightened.. remove a little more rust on the bars.. some chrome is damaged beyond repair.

Picked up a Tecumseh H50 for penny's on the dollar, ordered new gaskets, muffler, filter. Now i just need a seat.
doubt Ill ever find a original chain guard...

Thinking about electric start.. anyone rock one for the Tecumseh??
Any recommendation?

Also on the search for a tail light that will fit the back holes..
About 3/12 in hole to hole for the tail light. I have the original tail light backing but it's in bad shape.

Reads on the back
JW Speaker
Corp 143
Milwaukee
WIS

delray

what does the tail light look like? do you have a picture of it. i have seen them with headlights,but don't think i every seen one with a tail light. add on maybe:shrug: i could be wrong. just not alot of info on them? to know.

delray

nice brochure ad tommie d:thumbsup: that would be a real nice gilson to have today.
you never know? they may still have couple in there warehouse? kind of looks like a trailer light on the minibike and i also see on there web sit they sell lights for semi's/trailers. it won't surprize me if you could still find it. if it is just a trailer light? somebody is going to have it sitting on there shelf.
i just found a company last week that makes a trailer light that is the same light use on a healkit boonie. the only differents is the housing comes only in black. i have not called to see maybe if i can get it in chrome like the original one was.:rolleyes:

Great brochure, it looks like you have a great build going. I have just started my first Gilson mini to add to my Gilson Tractor collection and hope to get it finished before the Lagrange Engine Club meet this September here in my hometown in Ohio. As far as OEM parts try the Toro website "http://enterprisesearch.thetoroco.com/enterprise-search/toro/jsp/" you maybe able to get some parts if you have the right description or updated part number. From what I understand on the "Yahoo Gilson Collectors group" you still get lawn tractor parts through them. I would think anything that is still in stock from their warehouse would still be availiable. I not sure that you know this but Gilson was boughtout buy LawnBoy and soon after by Toro.