The great flywheel test and video.

I received a used flywheel from a very generous member here whose name will not be revealed until the credits of said movie.
In preparation,the flywheel is going to be balanced, polished and magnafluxed or x-rayed to make certain no pre-existing cracks are present.

In preparing for the great flywheel test a thought occurred to me.
How long would a clone run on oxy-acetelene, and what kind of RPM's might one expect?

Cuda54

Sounds like it will melt the piston right out of it! You will get some RPMs all right. But I do not think the piston will handle the heat.

Well I wish I would have taken a before pic, but alas....

Anyways, the flywheel is all polished up, and I'm sending it off to an acquaintance of mine for some magnaflux action. He said he will probably use the EV-6000, whatever that means. :rolleyes:
He said he might also even X-ray it as well, depending.

Being as he is doing this on the down low at work, he said he won't be able to provide tangible results, and I'll just have to take his word for whatever he finds.

fw.JPG

You know this "test" won't prove anything right?

I have no doubt that a "balanced, polished and magnafluxed to make certain no pre-existing cracks or flaws are present" flywheel would be perfectly safe to run.

The issue with the chinese flywheels is quality control / casting quality. Anyone who had to pay to have their flywheel magnafluxed would be better off just buying a known quality flywheel. :eek:ut:

Joe....can you shoot us a pic of the magnet set up thats glued on that flywheel and the one screw. As far as I know it wasn't the flywheel blowing apart as it was the projectile magnet breaking lose at 7 or 8 thousand RPM's. I'll be watching this thread to see your results.

I am with Eric on this one .... I am under the impression that the magnet will eventually turn into a bullet !! May not happen the first or even 10th time you test it but it could happen any time .

I will say that I believe ARC has a way better install when it comes to the magnet.
I don't see why they can't install coil magnets. Or do they?

Hmmmm