The MB200-2 Arrived

Got is from Family Go Karts for $750 w/free shipping. Though they do charge a shipping "fuel charge" of around $10, and wanted another $20 to ship it to a home address (I just shipped it to work). Only damage seen so far is a few scratches to the front fender and missing bolts for the front fender. Coleman could definitely learn something on packaging from these guys.

It has been pouring rain every time I have tried to take it out, but I will get a review posted up ASAP.

For $250 over the Colman you get a TAV, front and rear suspension, headlight, and a choice of color.

Last edited:
Bunkster,

From memory, the fake tank is attached to the new metal bars, and the bars are just bolted to the frame (not welded). Should be an easy removal for a custom tank if wanted. I will verify tonight.

The old style faux tank looked better, IMO. As coupeowner said, installing a real tank shouldn't be a problem. I've thought about buying one of these for a couple years, but never decided.

Old style:
MB200-2.jpg

FINALLY a Baja with REAR SUSPENSION!!

I'm still a Heald guy but I've been waiting to see this added so my buddies backs wont get smoked!
Actually, this bike has been around a while, marketed as "TrailMaster MB200" and "TrailMaster Monster Dog". Torque converter was added last year and became "MB200-2" and "Monster Dog II". Changes for 2017 are different faux tank and foot-peg location. It had f/r suspension the first time I saw it, which was probably at least 3 years ago; don't know how long it was around before I first saw it.

Took it for a ride this morning. First of all, this is a HUGE step up in ride/handling from my CT200u. Like from a tractor to a honda accord. Not calling it a ferrari at all, but wow am I happy with it on the street and gravel roads. No real trails yet. I hit 36mph and was still slowly climbing (bone stock, just added gas). Slowed down to about 26 going uphill (I'm 200lbs). I am looking forward to getting it on a scale and comparing it to the Coleman. The brake needs adjustment, so no review there yet. I'm hoping it is enough given the weight of this thing (and me). The exhaust even sounds kinda cool. Maybe it's just that it kicks to the rear instead of to the side, but much less lawnmower and more motorcycle.

The front faux tank bars are an easy removal. The rear is attached to tabs that may help in mounting a real tank - or may just be in the way. The front is attached to the frame, and I don't think the removal would even look like anything was missing. Photos below:

IMG_1589.JPG IMG_1590.JPG

I am definitely planning motor upgrades, an exhaust that exits to the side ahead of the tire, and would like to install a real tank, and of course more lighting................oh that slippery slope.

Last edited:
I am definitely planning motor upgrades, an exhaust that exits to the side ahead of the tire, and would like to install a real tank, and of course more lighting................oh that slippery slope.
:laugh:

Brake "should" improve as shoes become bedded. You may want to add a front brake, eventually. You could get a rear wheel and drum brake assembly to put on the front, or you could go for a front disc brake. I have been keeping this wheel (link below) in mind, just in case I were to buy one of these; only one I've found with a flange (two of 'em, actually) but no drum; only available with tire. Don't know how difficult it would be to find a rotor that would bolt to it. Search forum for front brake; both disc and drum have been done. I'd try to tuck an exhaust in behind that sheet metal side cover, use it as a heat shield.

20 x 7-8 Knobby Tire with Rim for Mini Bike (Rear) | 01422_Tire | BMI Karts and Motorocycle Parts

I had to modify the rear chain guard. A stupid design originally. It was nearly impossible to get off with the chain on, so I cut a slot to allow the rear shock bolt to slide through.

IMG_0464.jpg

The brake worked much better after adjustment - for a while. After a few downhill runs (hitting over 50) and lots of braking, it was either overheated or needs adjustment again (worn in). I have a set of EBC shoes that I will throw in, but am looking forward to checking out the condition of the existing shoes. I can tell you that finish wise, the EBC shoe is miles ahead from the one I pulled off my CT200u (likely what is on MB200-2).

Last edited:
Very nice bike my man. I've been wanting one for a long time, but I don't want to have my Doodle Bug just sitting around. So instead I'm gonna be that guy, and I'm gonna try to add front and rear suspension and stretching my Bug. Hopefully I finish it in the next month or so.

Also, anyone know what forks the MB-200's use? And where to buy a 145/70-6 tire that has a rotor since I plan to add front brakes to the Bug?

Very nice bike my man. I've been wanting one for a long time, but I don't want to have my Doodle Bug just sitting around. So instead I'm gonna be that guy, and I'm gonna try to add front and rear suspension and stretching my Bug. Hopefully I finish it in the next month or so.

Also, anyone know what forks the MB-200's use? And where to buy a 145/70-6 tire that has a rotor since I plan to add front brakes to the Bug?
You need a rear wheel and axle to add brakes to the front. You will have to cut spacers to get the wheel centered and you will have to fabricate and weld on a bracket for the caliper.

I have rear wheels and axles if you want one.

Doodlebug DB30 rear wheel and tire assembly | eBay

Just so you can read the description. Don't buy one through EBay as I offer a better price to fellow OldMiniBikes members. Send me a PM if you want to get one.

Doug

Last edited: