The Official OldMiniBikes Mini Bike Clutch Cover & Chain Guard Thread

Which mini do you think has the best chain guard? My vote is for Taco. I'm sure many will disagree!! I'm also partial to the Cat guard ( if you can find one!). And no votes for Trail Horse guards; as they do not exist. Sorry guys but I was bored!

I have a bobbed Azusa that's near mint other than it was trimmed to fit probably years ago. They are nice looking and recently I saw one go for what I though was crazy $ on Ebay, like $125 and got mine nearly free in a box of parts that came with a Trailhorse and a sweet 2.5 briggs that the guard is on in the pic. All for $125 and I'm still using twistgrips and cables from the box. Anyhow here it is on one incarnation of the Rat Bastard bobber.

Mac probably has dozens making mine not so rare, watch he likely really does!:laugh:

markus

Got one of those soaking a 5 gallon bucket of evapo-rust as we speak:thumbsup:

The Lil indian guard I would say has pretty good ranking as an "icon" the one below it well...not so much. But still an interesting bike to say the least, was even the cover girl for Mechanix Illustrated back in may of '74 :wink:

Got one of those soaking a 5 gallon bucket of evapo-rust as we speak:thumbsup:

The Lil indian guard I would say has pretty good ranking as an "icon" the one below it well...not so much. But still an interesting bike to say the least, was even the cover girl for Mechanix Illustrated back in may of '74
one of the cool things about Evaporust is it doesn't seem to hurt the original decals...at least that's been my experience so far....

OK I gotta admit I don't know...what is that "lightning bolt" cover...and why is it "backwards" ?....right had drive motor...? :confused:

Last edited:
I think this could be a great thread....it had kinda stalled because of the "iconic" part, but I'd like to see all the different guards collected in one thread, it's fun to look at them even if they're not considered "iconic" per se....the obscure ones are just as neat.....:thumbsup:

markus

one of the cool things about Evaporust is it doesn't seem to hurt the original decals...at least that's been my experience so far....

OK I gotta admit I don't know...what is that "lightning bolt" cover...and why is it "backwards" ?....right had drive motor...? :confused:
I hope, haven't had a chance to pull the chainguard out yet and start cleaning it off, it was way too much work trying to keep it off the decal when I did my cat chainguard so I just tossed the pinto on in the bucket!

the "A" chainguard is from an Auranthetic electric...someday I'll put mine back together