The popular Coleman CT200U belt drive swap..Today !

old shed finds

With the stay at home strict law today because of the riots that are going on ! ! We have to stay on our property today .
So there the Coleman and the belt drive kit, That has been in the closet 2 years well do the swap today??

Me and my son got together with friends yesterday for a riding day and my son had the only Rupp the other 5 bikes were Coleman's one had the belt drive and it ran away from all the stock chain drive bikes...We took brownie and it broke down in 20 minutes of riding 'Last Pic..
So if it ain't broke dont fix it.....Well I plug my ears and beat to my own drum....
swap is now in progress.

Attachments

old shed finds

Swap went ok.. Going to be neat to feel the TAV.....
It was all as described seen on You Tube channels ect....
We chose to slightly trim away at the backing plate of the TAV instead of cutting the motor plate.
1/2 inch engine spacers and new bolts still needed '' Stores open tomorrow. .
And we will fly it up the road....
I just got to bolt the cover on and hide the cut cross tube before my Unckle Jase see it....He bought it brand new and sold it to us and wanted us to take good care of it...We told him sure but nothing is wrong with a 212 Kohler and TAV upgrade !!
Money bags! !

Attachments

old shed finds

Outstanding choice, once you try a TAV you'll never go back!
It happened on the test ride yes we will never go back to chain drives...
What a good difference it burns up the road now..I don't know exact speed but even with governor hooked up its impressive. ..

old shed finds

So you will be raising the engine 1/2"? Most people do an inch. Some people don't raise it at all.
Yea I had to study.. Our bike has the Kohler 6.5..Swapped in last week...
I decided to trim a L cut out of the TAV plate to try to keep this 1/2 inch engine lift..
then bought new bolts and a strip of iron then went to work.. I had to stay 1/2 inch otherwise this Kohler fuel cap would not be able to come off because of the top tube.. Pic for everyone. Swap is definitely worth it..

Attachments

SAS289

Yea I had to study.. Our bike has the Kohler 6.5..Swapped in last week...
I decided to trim a L cut out of the TAV plate to try to keep this 1/2 inch engine lift..
then bought new bolts and a strip of iron then went to work.. I had to stay 1/2 inch otherwise this Kohler fuel cap would not be able to come off because of the top tube.. Pic for everyone. Swap is definitely worth it..
I see. Why wouldn't the Coleman tank bolt on?

I'm planning a TAV on my second Coleman. I have a 3/4" riser prepped. I'm not in a hurry and don't have the TAV yet.

I would have to search but there is a guy on YouTube who installed a TAV on a Coleman without raising the engine. He used 2 bolts only to mount it in an odd configuration. In the comments he said has more issues with the belt on correctly installed TAV's than the one that isn't installed correctly.

old shed finds

I see. Why wouldn't the Coleman tank bolt on?

I'm planning a TAV on my second Coleman. I have a 3/4" riser prepped. I'm not in a hurry and don't have the TAV yet.

I would have to search but there is a guy on YouTube who installed a TAV on a Coleman without raising the engine. He used 2 bolts only to mount it in an odd configuration. In the comments he said has more issues with the belt on correctly installed TAV's than the one that isn't installed correctly.
I wouldn't like that we have more strength with all 4 bolts. .
I have a new hemi 212 in the box and its probably going to be installed today..Why not?? Right!