The Vintage Mini Bike Family Photo Scrapbook

From Steve Dorsey_Portland Oregon

Here's what got me started. This was my first mini bike, made by the Sears company when I was 10 years old. It started out as just a pile of parts, but my dad put it all together for me. I spent hours after school and in the summer riding it around.

markus

I thought it was an HPE/CAT event of some sort but I see a few other brands mixed in..wonder what it was all about.
Those dune cats with the race team logo's reminded me of the full size buggy they campaigned:

Note the name, Gil Losi.....If you were ever into R/C cars you'll recognize the name, and if your into custom cars in this day and ageyou may recognize from that. I would doubt thats a real common name, so I am assuming its Losi Sr., I remember the Team Losi R/C cars as I ran a hobby shop for awhile in the 90's.

We used to run our minis in the winter too!......:thumbsup:.......I'm digging the flowered britches!...........They come in a box of Breeze laundry soap?..............:laugh:............Tom.

"In the summer of 1966 I had to make-up an English class I had failed. So off to summer school I went. For a second class I took metal shop. The shop teacher brought in a mini bike that he had made and asked if anyone wanted to make one as a project (there were no plans we just copied his). I went home and asked my parents if I could make one; my folks reluctantly said yes (I don’t think they figured I could complete it).

The rest is history! Motorcycles, (with the exception of many other things) have been much of my life’s work. I started working at a Yamaha Triumph Dealership (International M/C) just out of high school in 1972. We worked on everything. No one there liked to work on Triumphs, as a result I got a lot of experience in the ten years I worked there. I’ve owned hundreds of motorcycles over the years, and having been broken many times as a result of riding and racing them, I certainly have no regrets! "

-Walt Riddle