the whole world is going electric how about your mini

SAS289

I don't want any form of transportation that doesn't run on dead dinosaurs.
I think I might want one if they could make the DC motor sound like an engine as you throttle up.

We poke fun but they are pretty cool. With the right setup there would be no concern of a lack of power.

All my stuff is rolling coal or dinosaur juice powered. Which brings to mind, my collection of electric tractors is for sale. Any body interested? Send me a pm...my garage needs room to breathe!

I74

I think I might want one if they could make the DC motor sound like an engine as you throttle up.

We poke fun but they are pretty cool. With the right setup there would be no concern of a lack of power.
There is actually chip modules & speaker kits for electric R/C stuff, like for Tanks & planes ect.,, that simulate the engines, & firing of the guns ect.

I would ride an electric bike. This guy Tom I know built an electric motorcycle probably 10 years ago, and i think he said he had a 150 mile range. Wicked smart guy. He also built a supercharged diesel drag mini bike but it didn't do to hot at the drags but it was a sweet machine nonetheless. I think he hand built the frame too. He is retired and moved away now, i used to see him once a week. Good dude.
But at that time an electric motorcycle was kind of taboo, now it seems pretty normal lol.

I just love internal combustion engines, of all types. Mechanical stuff is just so amazing to me.

Fourtogo

It will be very hard for me to become interested in E-power . I know DC-motors make a ton of power . It’s just not a interest to me , pump gas/alcoho/race gas/ and nitro are . It Is something I grew up on . I ran nitrous on my RWB dirt gokart years ago,. And on my Top Gas drag bike . I have a turbo street bike also . Presently run a a CRF450 on my oval kart . I like the combine reaction of a mass of parts working together that makes horse power. But as I say there’s room for E also .

I74

You Guy's gott'a remember ,,

More performance, plus capacity / ''run time'',, = more weight & money, when doing an elect. project,, still even after all these years..

I do ''not'' see that config. changing anytime soon, with even the latest brushless set ups & Li power ect.

You want something Elect. that is powerful as Hell, , it's ''still'' going to have some ''heft'' to it,, & cost some pretty good bread also.

There is a balance between lower power set ups, & the ''Shit&git'' ones.

That's why I did my set ups ''so far'' with 48v.

They are ''very'' economical in price, keep the weight down,, & still perform very well.
Just gott'a config the gearing right, with the weight of the rider/driver ect., & where you are going to be running it,, ect. ect. ;)

I

Last edited: