This is what's wrong with OldMiniBikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm posting this becaues a OldMiniBikes senoir member has told other members my wife and I quoted him $150! For recovering a BAJA seat. Not true. I told him we are NOT a buisness. "Go to a local shop"! It made no since to ship a Baja seat 5000 miles. Just for covering.

Why the BS,I have no idea. I have offered my home, parts, and bought and sold mini bike at my cost. I have informed OldMiniBikes members of deals too good to pass up. Such a Pauls new Powell Challenger.

This is just a stab in the back.

Origional PM reply;
Originally Posted by bullhead
She said yes. $35+ covering and shipping.
I don't think it would save you money. Shipping and fabric at retail prices.

The foam has to be in desent shape. And the plastic seat pan cannot be ripped up. Hardware needs to be there.

Diane will supply the staples and piping. You supply the seat and covering. Diane will keep any covering left over.

Here is one place we order from. They do have MC seat covering.
Upholstery Fabric, Tools, Supplies, Decorative Nails and Furniture Legs
Ebay sell at much lower prices.

Howard(bullhead)

I know you're pissed Howard but let it go buddy. You saw what happened with the "other" thread.

And if no $ changed hands we cannot know of whom you speak since the trader rating is not applicable here, on the other hand if you "out" the member you could be opening a bad can of worms. I do not envy your position and can only advise you to do your best to let it go.:thumbsup:

Hey Bullhead I wouldnt lose any sleep over it , I think most people on here are smart enough to make their own decisions and I hope the unnamed member will pm you with an
apology

buckeye

I am confused.
So, someone wanted your wife to make a seat. You told them 35 bucks plus.
Now they are badmouthing you to other members??? If that is the case then....
F em!

joekd

I will go ahead and out myself and explain the entire situation which is being exaggerated or misunderstood greatly.

Told a member I liked his seat work and still needed to get mine done, he said try Bullhead, I replied that I already had and it would be well over $100 to get it done so I am still looking elsewhere or to just buy an OEM replacement for $42

Here is the PM where I got the over $100 figure from

bullhead said:
Oh yes. Just shipping would be $25. One yard of motorcycle black is $26 and another yard of black for sides is another yard. Plus shipping for that. So just that would be around $100.

The only resone that my seat is $45. Is I bought the covering on sale for $7 a yard. You could save a lot. If you just found a local upholstery shop.

Just remember. The chinese seats are cheap. Thats why the need to be recovered in just a few years. My Honda from 1975. Is just now needing recovering. Big differance in quality!
I never meant any insult to you, your wife or your offer to help, I was just saying I had already contacted you and the price was simply higher then I could justify.

If that was insulting or hurtful in any way you have my honest apology and please understand I did not imply you were overcharging or ripping anybody off.

I try my best to be helpful here and keep guys like myself going who love the hobby but simply don't have a fat wallet to support it.

I have stepped down from website admin positions in the past due to issues like this feeling I was getting too old for the drama.

Now that this issue has been explained if anyone feels I am personally what is "wrong with the site" simply let me know it here, on PM or in email and I will immediately (but regretfully) leave and not return.

Sounds like "he said, she said" that got misinterpreted when it came back around. :shrug:

I've met both you guys and you're both stand up guys, IMO..... and Joe, I absolutely do NOT think you are "what's wrong with OldMiniBikes". As a matter of fact, I wasn't aware there was anything "wrong" with OldMiniBikes.....

Sounds like you were BOTH of the opinion that it would be great to get the seat recovered, but not worth what it was gonna cost to do it...... Problem solved.

Last edited:
nah, whats wrong with OldMiniBikes is that there are a lot of people with sand in their vaginas and have nothing better to do than get on forums and stir crap.

Just say no to the drama and let the crap roll off your back like water on a duck and move on with life. There are bigger mountains to climb in life without creating your own.
No need for threads and explanations, a mans character speaks volumes about themselves, and people know.

Its really hard to communicate off a keyboard. Its not personal enough and easy to mis read what the person really means. I would bet that if this was done face to face it would not have ended up at this did. My thoughts which most ignore, Walt

This is small potatoes, tune in to some of the other threads for the real action!!

Folks have the right to sell a seat recover for what they want and others have the right to pay what they want. End of story, no harm seemed to be intended either side!

TomH

nah, whats wrong with OldMiniBikes is that there are a lot of people with sand in their vaginas and have nothing better to do than get on forums and stir crap.

Just say no to the drama and let the crap roll off your back like water on a duck and move on with life. There are bigger mountains to climb in life without creating your own.
No need for threads and explanations, a mans character speaks volumes about themselves, and people know.
nothing like making friends with the women who use the site eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.