thought id share. WWII US army themed Baja Warrior project

JKautoFab

I still have to to do some stencils, and im probably going to add an ammo box directly behind the seat over the fender, and i have an aluminum canteen i am going to make a small satchel attached to the bike to hold as a reserve fuel tank.

the tank was acid dipped and took forever to seal back up but it looks cool and fits the stock seat. only thing i kinda wish was that the seat WASNT in good shape so i could redo it in bomber jacket brown leather. but since it aint broke, i shouldnt fix it

I was going to use a locking fuel cap i had, but decided the stock cap with the manual vent was better. dont need to worry about nazis stealing my fuel in this one

i luckily ended up with some 8 inch singles (i do a lot of china work have stacks of tire sets for quads) and had a big 21 to put on the back. its kinda rounded but kinda squared off at the same time with the tread but the front is a stock 19 thats very rounded profile so it should handle fine. it leveled off the bike really nicely IMO. will make me feel better about climbing hills too the one that was on it was a 16!

in the beginning i wanted to build a sidecar with a dirtbike wheel... but it would need a TAV upgrade too... which i may still do but for now it will stay a 2 wheel bike

its got a 5 hp subaru robin. got some work to do with it to get it running right but it does run and doesnt smoke. (i got it in pieces in a box lot, unknown condition) and the pull handle (which i have to fix) is actually a tire repair tool that i heated up and pulled the metal out of. its got a great look and an awesome grip, i suggest making one if you hate your normal handles. maybe ill do a little write up....

I still need to do a battery box (might use the ammo box) and switches and a rear light. chain came off the other day when i test rode it but i think it was original so go figure.

i have to clearance the chain guard for the tire, and some of the paint chipped off and i saw chrome so i dont think it got scuffed enough either so i may have to completely repaint it.

ill try to add some better pics soon, and maybe get that vinyl cutter up and running to do my army stencils!

00707_fs0aNGxJ3sL_600x450.jpg
00202_bSq5S2rJzqx_600x450.jpg
00t0t_csskMMnD7Qc_600x450.jpg
00606_cKIfeqPuuCf_600x450.jpg