Throttle governor linkage questions for Honda clone

I picked up a fox sprite a few weeks ago that had a Honda clone on it. In my guesstimating the motor that came on it was a harbor freight "greyhound". I'm not positive because I'm not actually sure I've ever seen one. Just heard talk about them.

Anyway....... The po had all the throttle and governor springs and linkage removed and had a racing (?) throttle set up. So no spring on the gov arm and throttle idle butterfly. The side case was obviously removed at some point as there was some sort of goopy stuff dried around the edges. I assumed that the po had removed this side to get at the gov and remove it, then didn't have a new gasket and used the goopy stuff to help seal it back up. When I removed the side the gov was still intact.

So..... This thing revved like a bat out of hell and took off as soon as you pulled the rope. He said he bought it for his nephews but it was way too fast for them. It was evident that someone took a pretty good spill on it. Perhaps because it did run like a bat out of hell right out of the gate.

So, the question is. I want to bring the motor back up to factory specs but am having a hard time finding the actual springs and all the linkage. Can anyone lead me to where I can buy all the things I need?

Also, can I just buy a predator gasket for the side to replace the goopy one?

Thanks for any help / advice!

Chris

Forgot to mention that this is a 6.5 hp engine.

And I was mostly asking if there is a kit of some sort that has all the springs and linkage so I don't have to buy each piece separately?

Some one must have a stock throttle set up but how about hooking your own return spring on there keep the revs down if you do not have a billet flywheel. I have heard the stock ones can let go with bad results. Good Luck