Throttle response

Hey guys this morning i was adjusting my idle and i noticed that my throttle response wasnt really great. Is this normal for 6.5 or no ?? Is there anything i can do to improve it without spending a buck? Or should i ignore it? Just a quick question, couldnt hurt to ask.

#90 main jet, gtc torque converter, straight pipe/with sausage muffler, 18lb springs, and bypass governor. im thinking about putting a 15.5 hp nikki carb on it. what you think?? i might start a new thread:smile:

anything mods to the air filter? you didn't mention it.
fresh gas?
spark plug gapped right?
throttle set up tight and routed correct?

no aftermarket air filter. Just wondering what do you mean by "gapped spark plug"? Yes eveything is righty tighty:thumbsup:. I might be adding a new carb so that might help.

waltsuz

Consider this: If you grab a handful of throttle and it falls flat and then picks up, the bottom end is lean. If you grab the throttle and it gargles then goes, its too fat or rich. If its just sluggish with none of the above look at more timing. If its starving for air it will show a tendency to be rich on the low. Get a Mikuni, its adjustable on low/ mid/ and hi speed. With a little work you can dial it in with a adjustable low, a needle for the mid and a jet for the Hi end. Jetting, do with a plug reading at hi throttle, beware of who you listen to. :shrug:Walt

thx for the info ill try looking at my spark plug. I really want a mikuni but i dont have the money for one so im taking an old nikki from a 15.5 briggs and hopefully i can use it with the adapter for the mikuni. anyone have a bolt to bolt measurement? If i run without a filter will it help???

The measurement for the carb bolt to bolt inner diameter is 1 7/8 what adapter should i use thats closest. Please respond quick because if there isnt an adapter that will fit i gotta make 1 and that wont be easy...thx for the help !