Throttle sticking

Hey guys so I'm having an issue with a bike that I'm building basically I've put a 196cc clone engine on and put a larger jet and pod filter on now when I start the engine the the idle is quite high and the throttle sticks even though everything I can see is springing back even the throttle on the carb so my question is why would it be sticking if everything appears to be returning to where it should be

Stole this picture from [MENTION=57429]Mrknobblies[/MENTION]. Hope he doesn't mind.

GX200 idle screw.jpg

This screw will be capped. You can either pry the cap apart with a small screwdriver to expose a Phillips head, or you can use the cap like a knob and turn it by hand. About 1/4 turn to the left and you should be golden.

Well it was the screw but the problem is that I can see the the whole top part for the Phillips head has snapped off and it rattles out when the engine runs any idea on what I could do as a replacement?

Well if you have it out, go to your local hardware or auto parts store and find a like kind to replace it.
It's actually a machine bolt, not a screw, and most likely metric. You could also pick up a nut to fit the bolt, and once the idle is set, tighten the nut down to lock the bolt in place.

That screw also holds the idle jet in place, just sayin...
Yeah, that screw serves two purposes: idle speed adjustment and the big screw head holds the idle jet in the top of the carb. The idle jet is the black piece of plastic just under the idle screw head at a 90* angle.

It can be kind of hard to describe intricate fixes like this online. If all else fails, take the engine off the bike, and take it to a good lawnmower shop. I know this is considered the cop-out, non-enthusiast fix by many, but I seriously don't understand why more new or inexperienced people don't do this if it prevents them from further frustration or messing up their engine further.

A lot of mower shops won't touch a minibike or go kart (some will, it depends) b/c of certain liability issues, but they will gladly work on a engine mounted on a small wooden stand. And they'll even explain how they fixed the problem to you (if they're cool (or speak English)) so you can fix it yourself next time.

I used to do this myself and actually learned a lot talking to the mechanics more experienced than me in person, and having them point out to me how they fixed it right before me. I even learned one of the mechanics is a halfway active member here, and owns a lot of really cool bikes.