tillotson 212 billet flywheel installed ran for a bit and now only pops a few times

ok, will fix that. what is making that small clicking noise?
I've never heard that sound before. Who knows, maybe it's just a rattle from something. One thing at a time. Get the idle down and see if it still makes that noise. If it still does, try to start narrowing down what it could be.

Actually, one thing did just come to mind. What did you set the air gap to for the coil? I'm 99.8% sure that's not the issue, but just want to eliminate that.

vegetable

I've never heard that sound before. Who knows, maybe it's just a rattle from something. One thing at a time. Get the idle down and see if it still makes that noise. If it still does, try to start narrowing down what it could be.

Actually, one thing did just come to mind. What did you set the air gap to for the coil? I'm 99.8% sure that's not the issue, but just want to eliminate that.
it was set to the thickness of a business card

new issue now i have some time to work on it this could be what is making it run like shit, it starts to rev out on me like higher than it normally does and even turning down the idle screw does nothing so maybe it could be an air leak? i got another video from what it was doing
https://streamable.com/gmwsyr
How come you don't have fuel hooked up to it in that video?

With an air intake leak it will generally either rev really high on it's own, or the rpms may not drop back down when you let off the throttle.

vegetable

How come you don't have fuel hooked up to it in that video?

With an air intake leak it will generally either rev really high on it's own, or the rpms may not drop back down when you let off the throttle.
i moved my gas tank out of the way when i was rigging up lights, i knew the bowl was still full so i decided to see if i could troubleshoot a bit more with the gas it had in it, going to hook it back up once i finish mounting my fuel pump and mikuni 24

and when i did try to throttle it up it wouldnt budge but still idle very high

vegetable

ok i just fixed it i moved my air gap out more to around 35 thou and installed a new 24 that just came in and it works!
is there any way to reduce vibration between my gas tank and the frame? right now it shakes like a motherfucker above like 3-4k rpms and i was thinking of dampening it with some padding between where it mounts

Last edited: