tire sizes Azusa Mini bike kit

Me and my son are building a azusa mini bike kit for a father son project. We like the look of the 5" kit but are undesided and also considering the 6" kit we just dont know the pros and cons are on both of the kits. are small wheels better or are larger wheels better i think the 5" wheels give it more of and old school look.

my first post hope i posted this in the right section look forward to any feedback

CarPlayLB

get the one you like! It does not really make any difference!

good luck with your build...and post some pics when you get started!

and welcome to OldMiniBikes!

link at the top of the page will get you to OldMiniBikes...good people and every part you need!

I like larger tires/rims for the ground clearance. They also ride better.

It is great to be doing a father/son project! I couldn't talk my Dad into it.

markus

5" in front 6" in the back, Tri star wheels match so it'll look cool. Goin "ol' school", using a flathead then? :thumbsup:

Azusa mini bike

What I would really look at is the Taco 22 mini bike kit the quality is much better and the parts are all designed to fit ( the brakes work) and it takes the Harbor freight 6.5 hp engine with stock makes pleanty of power....Its easy to build and can be done in stages to lower the costs and in the end you have a much nicer safer bike with a higher resale

I like the taco 22

What I would really look at is the Taco 22 mini bike kit the quality is much better and the parts are all designed to fit ( the brakes work) and it takes the Harbor freight 6.5 hp engine with stock makes pleanty of power....Its easy to build and can be done in stages to lower the costs and in the end you have a much nicer safer bike with a higher resale
but the company went out of buisness again and I can only find it at (gokartusa) they want 375.00 for just frame and fork plus I dont here good things about gokartusa does any one else sell them. You can get Azusa kit for 375.00 shipped (I know the drum brakes suck) so i will have to replace them or have them trued. thank you for the sugestion I love taco minis since i was kid.

Last edited:
thank you every one for your replys

If we do go with the azusa kit we will be going with the 6" kit, but now my son has just fell in love with the taco 22. has anybody had good luck with gokartusa i just here bad plus since the taco uses scrub brakes does wear through tire s like crazy. (Is the taco worth high price for frame and fork)

Im sure they are not closed I just got parts from Joe . and E mails about the joesminibikereunion..I have gotten Taco parts from Gokart USA that maybe the issue

thank you

Im sure they are not closed I just got parts from Joe . and E mails about the joesminibikereunion..I have gotten Taco parts from Gokart USA that maybe the issue
That is good news i didnt know you could order from taco joe how fast does he ship and does he take paypal

this rocks

taco 22

Call or e mail joe hes open just the web site is down hes got a new model to unvail at joes mini bike reunion .....The taco is a better choice and its an easy build everything fits!!!!!1 get the precision GTC laser cut sprocket its worth the extra $ it will make your life easier.....leave the engine stock it works perfect that way....pm me if you need help