Tires 4.00 X 6 recommendation

I’m sure they’ll be some different opinions but I find very few options or places to get mini bike tires especially the 6” I prefer the original trail wing look but open to what others prefer as well. This is my first mini bike build, I’ve rebuilt motorcycles but this is a little different

DaddyJohn

Definitely an affordable option!
Most (if not all) online parts dealers are selling them for twice that price. Though I agree the trials-style or Carlisle universal-style tread patterns are cooler looking (don’t have that squarish profile), these work great on the Skinny Minnie rims like you find on the old Bird/Sears bikes and the like. As for Coker tires, understanding small production runs and lack of economies of scale, the price still deters me. I spend less on some of my full size motorcycle tires! Still, I do understand they’re the only game in town for some restoration-type builds; that’s just not my game.

Most (if not all) online parts dealers are selling them for twice that price. Though I agree the trials-style or Carlisle universal-style tread patterns are cooler looking (don’t have that squarish profile), these work great on the Skinny Minnie rims like you find on the old Bird/Sears bikes and the like. As for Coker tires, understanding small production runs and lack of economies of scale, the price still deters me. I spend less on some of my full size motorcycle tires! Still, I do understand they’re the only game in town for some restoration-type builds; that’s just not my game.
I think I’m leaning more towards the Coker just because this hopefully is a one time build, I usually do motorcycles as well.

On a side note, what size tubes should I use with the 14 X 6 tire? I was looking and didn’t see any specific to that size

DaddyJohn

I think I’m leaning more towards the Coker just because this hopefully is a one time build, I usually do motorcycles as well.

On a side note, what size tubes should I use with the 14 X 6 tire? I was looking and didn’t see any specific to that size
If you look down at the “customers also bought” section on the Coker website page for that tire, it recommends 145/70-6 tubes for $20 each (or you could get a pair for that on Amazon). On the other hand, a 145/70-6 tire is a little over 5” in section width.

Noticing the tire width spec on the Coker tire is under 4”, a 3.50/4.10-6 tube would probably work as well. Those are around $13 a set on Amazon.

Last edited:
If you look down at the “customers also bought” section on the Coker website page for that tire, it recommends 145/70-6 tubes for $20 each (or you could get a pair for that on Amazon). On the other hand, a 145/70-6 tire is a little over 5” in section width.

Noticing the tire width spec on the Coker tire is under 4”, a 3.50/4.10-6 tube would probably work as well. Those are around $13 a set on Amazon.
Great, thank you so much for your help!