To good not to share

If you are a car guy and dont have a subscription to Fuel Curve you are missing out. Its free and comes to your email once a week. Always good stuff to read every week.

This Double Nickel, dubbed "Brute Force", built by Bob Matranga has to be the best that has ever been built. It won the 2020 BASF America’s Most Beautiful award. Probably a half a million dollar build if I had to guess. Make sure you watch the video and also click the 2 other articles about the car at the bottom of the page. Lots of pics and details. I really like the line drawing compareing the end result to the original shape. All of the detail work in the car is unbeleivable. All the trim is hand made and unique to the car. The grille is one piece and was machined from a 243-pound block of aluminum. 1400 horsepower twin turbo Hemi detuned to a more streetable 800 horsepower...

Enjoy

Behind Brute Force | Fueled News (fuelcurve.com)

A lot of labor and cubic dollars went into it, but I don't like it. Money can't buy aesthetic taste. The color combo sucks, blue with red interior? Gag! The wheels suck; I'm sick of the big wheel thing, they don't look good at all on older cars. The droopy modified fenders suck. The taillights suck. There's so much suckage here, major suckage... I love '55 Chevies, one of my all-time favorite cars; this is like a tutorial on how to ruin one. I didn't watch the video, the photos made me sick enough...

296px-Flaming_poop_vomit_emoji.svg.png

Sorry, Doug...

Edit: If it were yours, I wouldn't be so brutally honest! ;)

Last edited:
A lot of labor and cubic dollars went into it, but I don't like it. Money can't buy aesthetic taste. The color combo sucks, blue with red interior? Gag! The wheels suck; I'm sick of the big wheel thing, they don't look good at all on older cars. The droopy modified fenders suck. The taillights suck. There's so much suckage here, major suckage... I love '55 Chevies, one of my all-time favorite cars; this is like a tutorial on how to ruin one. I didn't watch the video, the photos made me sick enough...

View attachment 275188

Sorry, Doug...

Edit: If it were yours, I wouldn't be so brutally honest! ;)
Whoa tell us how you really feel. I see your point but I think the aim was to give the impression of a '55 which I also love but take it to a different place. The philosopher Plato suggested that all things be it a chair, shoe or whatever exist in an ideal form that we can only imagine and aspire towards while never knowing what that form is. So rather than looking at this as desecration of a '55, see it as an interpretation. While you may not agree with their interpretation you can certainly admire the close to perfection portrai of their image of this beast. My oldest brother had a '55 Bel Air w/three on the tree and a 283. I have owned 2 '57 Chevy Stepsides and would trade all my minis for one nice clean one.

That was my intention. If it were Doug's car, I wouldn't have commented, but it isn't his so I said what I was thinking.
Dark blue paint with bright red guts was a traditioal hotrod color combination since the 50's. The blue on this 55 is not dark enough for the traditional combination. It should be so dark its almost black when its not in the sun.