To much torque?

Running the Lifan 6.5,header,uni filter and 93 jet. This db has tossed me off 3 times and all my friends a even the wife at least once! Luckily all has been in the soft grass.

I've done some research and the Sprocket Adapter and split axle sprockets seem to be my answer.

Is the factory db30 sprocket a 70t?
Also, I think I'll get the 60t to tame it down a bit. While I'm at it I'm thinking about getting 2 more , which one do it get?

Running the Lifan 6.5,header,uni filter and 93 jet. This db has tossed me off 3 times and all my friends a even the wife at least once! Luckily all has been in the soft grass.

I've done some research and the Sprocket Adapter and split axle sprockets seem to be my answer.

Also, I think I'll get the 60t to tame it down a bit. While I'm at it I'm thinking about getting 2 more , which one do it get?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yeah man... Get the 60 tooth with 12tooth clutch sprocket and you will be fine. That is until your wife hits 40 mph and freaks out and puts her feet down. LOL

Too much torque? That's like having too much money, or too hot a wife. Yeah, smaller sprocket on the back, unless you want to climb hills or tow the kids around.

Touche Touche!! Set my self up for that !! Hahaha I can ride it , but I like to share the fun.

Got my first cycle at 17 ,Honda CBR 600 , mother was pissed!!! Me and my old man burned the roads up though.

Ik... they do kinda surprise ya. I had mine geared at 6.5 for a day and that sucka was torquey to say the least. Thats why I dont let anyone else except my son ride mine. I dont want anyone getting hurt.

george3

A stock 6.5, :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Grow some.

Throttle control or a smaller rear sprocket, maybe both. I have had mine leave me but I was asking for it riding the edge like I do on the back wheel. I have a 65 tooth and my son a 70 tooth both stock clones and they will wheelie, we just don't always ride em like we stole em. They are powerful but no world shakers, torque to spare though and even small mods can make em go. Ride conservatively until your confidence level grows. I used the throttle stop screw to limit the speed on my son's but after a year he has it backed out with some tuning tricks I know. My 8yo has a 3hp briggs on hers and it's way faster than a stocker and will go 35mph with enough room, she slides it around our track but I'd never tell her she's doing it for fear she'd lose confidence. Challenge yourself but be careful, keep others off your minibike!:thumbsup:

I had a home made mini when I was in Jr high, tiny thing, had a 5hp Briggs, but I had made some mods and had... I think 72T sprocket on the back, basically the sprocket was nearly as big as the tire! Had so many friends dump that thing, all you had to do was twist the throttle hard and NOT lean forward and you would find yourself lying on your back.