Today's adventure.

So I wanted to do motor work yesterday or today but ran out of time. Bike lives a little ways away so cant work on it but 2 times a month if lucky. So here is how today's adventure went. I had the bolt back out of my Coleman CT200U clutch today. It did not come off as I seen it had moved before it came all the way off. It ended up bending the tensioner and I had to bend it back. I then decided to take motor off so I would work on it at home and left fuel valve open. It leaked a little in the wife's car. I think it all landed on cardboard, at least I hope :facepalm:

While riding I did a GPS run using the phone and got 28 MPH on flat dirt road. I ran out of open space quick but think I hit top speed with how every thing is adjusted. This worried me a little as it did not feel like I hit the governor but more like it ran out of power. Thinking it might have been valve float but not sure. I have a tach with memory recall on its way so I can find out for sure. I think it is a little on the rich side too. I enlarged the jet my self and am thinking the header will help with this when I can make it. Going to take motor apart to put a flat top piston in but need to go get a torque wrench that reads in inch/pounds. While I am at it I am going to put in my BSP rod and GX140 valve springs for insurance. A flywheel will soon follow. I need to ditch the tensioner and go to a torque converter soon too.

The wife rode it today for a little while and liked it alot. She was pretty excited and told me she wanted one too. She wants one with front suspension :punk: I was pretty excited about that cuz I want the Coleman CT200EX next. She wants to go trail riding with me. I have not hit hills yet but on flat ground this little bike scoots pretty dam good. I need to upgrade the brake though. I adjusted it but still don't like it. maybe adding the torque converter will help with this a little too by allowing a little bit of compression braking.

20170702_093241.jpg 20170702_165535.jpg

O ya the reason my bike hit such high speed was I chopped a few coils out of the throttle return spring. I though this would just add power by letting the throttle open all the way before the governor kicked in but it added quiet a bit of speed and am a little worried about this as I have not made the proper mods yet for higher RPM. Going to check with the tech before I go recommending to people cutting coils on the return spring. If this did happen I think I can bandaid the problem by turning in the throttle stop screw or at least I hope.

SAS289

O ya the reason my bike hit such high speed was I chopped a few coils out of the throttle return spring. I though this would just add power by letting the throttle open all the way before the governor kicked in but it added quiet a bit of speed and am a little worried about this as I have not made the proper mods yet for higher RPM. Going to check with the tech before I go recommending to people cutting coils on the return spring. If this did happen I think I can bandaid the problem by turning in the throttle stop screw or at least I hope.
I cut mine down. The spring is now completely relaxed when the throttle is at idle. I added a second spring. The spring I added was a stock piece on the throttle assembly for years on clones. Predators may have it but I'm not sure. The stock Hisun throttle assembly does not come with it. Works good.

2 throttle return springs are better, and safer than one.

I cut mine down. The spring is now completely relaxed when the throttle is at idle. I added a second spring. The spring I added was a stock piece on the throttle assembly for years on clones. Predators may have it but I'm not sure. The stock Hisun throttle assembly does not come with it. Works good.

2 throttle return springs are better, and safer than one.
Ya that's a good idea.