tool kit/ first aid supplies?

Not sure if this was the right forum for this, but here goes. I assume most of you don't ride very far from home or camp. But some of you must visit the road less traveled? what is in your tool kit? What spare parts or supplies do you carry? And where/how do you carry it? I think I may add a pair of ammo cans for saddle bags so will have a bit of room. And if all goes well I intend to be away on my beast most of the day on trails that would discourage Dr Livingston. So a tire plug kit, CO2 tire inflator, basic tools, elec tape, duct tape, elec wire, bailing wire, chunk of rope, trash bag to use as a rain jacket, flashlight. What is in your emergency bag?

There are at times when I ride far from camp. You can get carried away with all the tools and spare parts you think you might need. A spare spark plug, fuel filter and spare parts. Adjustable wrench, pliers, multi screwdriver and such. The lists will vary on individual, how long and how far the journey is going to be.

Personally I think by checking and maintaining your ride before traveling the back country is paramount. Professional guides take care of their horses daily. They would not even think about taking a lame horse or one with worn shoes into the back country. Your ride is your horse is it not? Pilots, firemen, skydivers, astronauts et.al. are always checking their equipment. You should check your ride too.

A hard lesson learned. Just last week a friend of mine age 50+ went into the back country of Colorado on a side x side 4x4 ATV. The sounds of the rough terrain masked out the sound of what was happening to his ATV. The drum nut on the axel that holds one of the wheel assemblies came off and then the wheel hub stripped out the threads on the axle. They found the nut but it was no good. A long walk back to camp and a trip into town to rent a welder. Then others in camp mounted a rescue of the disabled ATV. They got the wheel back on and then welded the mauled nut back onto the scoured axle and made it back to camp. Maybe this could have been avoided if he would given his ATV a quick check.

Just my thoughts others will certainly vary.

'drif

Harquebus

I understand some of these minibikes might come from the factory with a toolkit? I don't have any engine-powered recreational vehicle I've ever bought new (only rust covered and junky) but don't the Baja Warriors come with a toolkit?

Most motorcycles do and if you're trail riding with a minibike, it would seem a necessity.
Here's a basic rundown:

Spare plug (preferably in a hard storage case)
Plug wrench
Tire/tube patch kit
Wrenches and/or socket set to fit every nut and bolt on the bike
Fix A Flat or a small manual pump
etc.

My Honda XL's tool box is long gone but I've been recommended this for a suitable replacement:
Manual Canister, Tool Tube, Document Holder, Manual Tube

12" might be too enormous for a mini bike but it might do well.

Now this enterprising fella has taken the idea into the extreme and added cost (and some value I guess)...but that doesn't mean I can't plagiarize his concept though. :smile:
The Tool Tube

I like the idea of carrying spare fuel. A 1 or 1.5 liter can of extra fuel could be the thing that gets you home.
IMG_0212.jpg