Torque converter belt question

Hi all,
Merry Christmas
Had a quick question. I bought a torque converter on ebay, it is the 3/4" drive, I believe it is just the TAV2 knock-off. It came up when I searched for "TAV2", anyway, wanting to buy a spare belt and can't seem to find the exact belt. The belt it has on it has "30 28 20A" on it, the parts diagram lists it as a "TC 30 743" Google searches don't bring up either part for me. and OldMiniBikes warehouse/BMI etc don't list or cross reference either belt.

I have read on here that the generic TAVs use the same belts as the comets, anyone know which comet belt they use?

I think it might be the 20 35 89A, but am not sure.

Thanks for any help, and I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

I don't know what TC you have - no pictures, part number, model, etc.

I do know the Comet TAV2 30 series asymetric drive unit uses a 203589A belt.

Comet TAV Belt Chart

Probalby a good idea to keep at least one spare belt on hand. I keep 2 spares for mine.

I don't know what TC you have - no pictures, part number, model, etc.

I do know the Comet TAV2 30 series asymetric drive unit uses a 203589A belt.

Comet TAV Belt Chart

Probalby a good idea to keep at least one spare belt on hand. I keep 2 spares for mine.
Sorry, I should have posted a link. It is THIS unit here. It just describes the belt as 3/4" asymmetrical type, but it does say it replaces the TAV2, so one would think it uses the same belt as the TAV2. I sure hope so, because those belts are very inexpensive. I have found them for under $16 shipped.

How many hours of riding do ya'll usually get out of a TAV belt?

It looks exactly like the Comet (now Hoffco) TAV2 30 series asymetric which is what I have on my bike. I would venture to guess it takes the same belt 203589A.

Yeah, they can be found for under $20 without too much looking.

How many hours per belt? I don't know and have wondered that myself and just haven't posted the question. I've ran at least 6 full tanks of gas through mine with the 196cc clone engine and it's still doing fine. Riding time is probably around 10 hours at this point. Belt has been on since September, so 3 months plus of time.

I ride it hard, plenty of hill climbing and hard launches. Also, the clone isn't stock - 140 emulsion tube, header, free flowing muffler and the head has been milled down 0.077".

I keep 2 spare belts on hand just in case. Right now, it appears the belt life is pretty good. I've not seen anyone complaining about belt life thus far.

You bet and Merry Christmas back to ya.

What bike are you putting it on? Can you post some pictures.

Here's a shot of mine taken last summer before I regeared it - changed 50T rear sprocket to a 72T:

toomanytoys

My rider Super Bronc belt is just starting to slip now. I ran the living crap out of that thing. Tons of hill climbing and trail riding.

It looks worn, and frayed out on the sides.

I'd say I've ran about 20 tanks through it from May to August and when I rode it at the beginning of this month at the end of the session it was slipping.