Torque Converter (TAV2 clone) spacers?

I'm wondering if anyone sells spacers individually or in a set. I have a Predator 212 with 3/4" shaft with a TAV2 30 clone with 5/8" driven shaft.

The shaft with the sprocket would need spacers with a 3/8" keyway, and the front would need 3/4" washer(s).

I bought a different sprocket and it was a little wider than original and is throwing off my belt alignment. I'd need a narrower spacer on driven shaft or else a slightly thicker spacer on the motor shaft (preferable).

Looking around locally I don't see anything that would fit. Maybe OldMiniBikes sells them? Didn't see them on the site, maybe I didn't search the right terms.

Last edited:

gbabins1

You can go to Lowes or Home Depot and grab a washer without the keyway slot and use a grinder to notch it [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Already wasted a lot of time trying local.

Local hardware stores have nothing, very little selection. Washers are WAY too large on outside diameter and only one thickness if they have one at all. That's why I am asking if anyone sells the spacers, like you get with the torque converter kits. Maybe some different thicknesses, etc..

To anyone following along in the future, I did find some stuff on the cometkartsales website.

Looks like the spacers and washers on my clone are in different positions. I think finding a thinner notched washer for the rear is going to be hard. It would be "23" in the diagram above but it is on the other side of the sprocket on my TC. If I just don't use that washer at all, the alignment is perfect, but the 5/8" shaft can not be tightened all the way, and slides back and forth even when nut ("12" in pic above) is tightened.

For the front, they don't even show the extra washer that is inside of the included spacer ("11" in pic above) that I have.

Last edited:

SAS289

So you can't return the sprocket and try to find one that fits?

I think someone in the Coleman group did this on their Coleman. I do not recall them mentioning this issue so you would think there are sprockets out there that should work without extra spacers.

Yeah I probably could have returned it, but I filed the keyway all out because that was also too small for some reason.

Anyways I did find a 3/4" washer for the front shaft that I was able to use and stuck it in between spacer and drive pulley. Seems to work! It may be a little too far out away from engine but not by much. It seems to line up pretty good.

Before my TC was heating up a lot and now it is staying much cooler so I think it worked.

edit-
Also I think the ones listed as using a #40 chain are thicker than the ones listed as using a #41 chain. I happen to be using a #41 chain now because the TC I got was interfering with my #40 chain, but that's kind of another story.

This is the one I bought
9T #40/41 Sprocket Gear for 20/30 Series Comet Torque Converter Driven TAV2 USA | eBay

I think if I got this one it would have been the same size as the one on my TC.
MiniBike Kart SPROCKET TORQ VERTER COMET 20/30 TAV2 9 tooth #41 8720-1125 MANCO | eBay

I guess now I can use my heavier duty #40 chain if I want so that's a bonus.

Last edited:
Yeah I probably could have returned it, but I filed the keyway all out because that was also too small for some reason.

Anyways I did find a 3/4" washer for the front shaft that I was able to use and stuck it in between spacer and drive pulley. Seems to work! It may be a little too far out away from engine but not by much. It seems to line up pretty good.

Before my TC was heating up a lot and now it is staying much cooler so I think it worked.

edit-
Also I think the ones listed as using a #40 chain are thicker than the ones listed as using a #41 chain. I happen to be using a #41 chain now because the TC I got was interfering with my #40 chain, but that's kind of another story.

This is the one I bought
9T #40/41 Sprocket Gear for 20/30 Series Comet Torque Converter Driven TAV2 USA | eBay

I think if I got this one it would have been the same size as the one on my TC.
MiniBike Kart SPROCKET TORQ VERTER COMET 20/30 TAV2 9 tooth #41 8720-1125 MANCO | eBay

I guess now I can use my heavier duty #40 chain if I want so that's a bonus.
Will this help??? https://www.mfgsupply.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=torque+converter+washer

I use the washers for lug nuts for chrome wheels on a car. They are low profile. Great for 5/8 bolt/shaft. Not like the washers from OldMiniBikes.:laugh:

You could always get some one with a lathe to turn your new sprocket down to the same size as your old one :shrug: If you cant find anyone local just send it to me and pay the shipping both way and I'll do it :thumbsup:

Thanks for offer! I think I'm all set for now anyways. Next time I need a thinner or thicker one though... might need some help.