ToteGote

Picked up another ToteGote today.

It has a very good clutch. Kick stand and YES. That is a SuperTrapp muffler! Did not even notice it till the seller started the engine.
Light is from a old dirt bike. But is not hooked up. I even got the origional B&S engine. :thumbsup:

I'm trying to figure out why someone welded on that plate just above the tire, on the forks.

No. Still have the Tractor.
It's a model P frame I think. Plus that ToteGote fork tag make me think it one of the older ones.
Waiting for Richard Trotter to take a look at it.

I need to figure out a air filter for this.

Thing's have been a whirlwind around here.

Bullhead

Last edited:
Nice Model P Tote Gote. Salsbury clutch help decide the period, probably a 1959. The motor has been changed from the original 5 3/4hp. That one is a 7hp or 8hp which had a larger diameter air cleaner ( probably why it's missing). A 6hp air tube and air cleaner should fit between motor and frame post. It was probably an oil bath air cleaner originally.

So what is the top speed? Like 3mph with triple reduction?
Just got it yesterday. No seat yet.

And I'm sure it is slow. But it will do some serious climbing.

These old ToteGote's were ment to replace horses or mules for hunters.

Tote Gotes were, BDB era..........before dirt bikes.

Tote Gote - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree Richard, That's what I thought. It's a 1959 model "P".

I'd like to find some side racks. So I can make some for this.

Bullhead

Thanks Richard!
I cut out the seat pan's yesterday. That's green is neoprene floor mat. It helps when the butt bottom's out. Plus keep any rain water off the wood seat pan.

Diane will be covering the seats today.
Bullhead

Thanks Richard!
I cut out the seat pan's yesterday. That's green is neoprene floor mat. It helps when the butt bottom's out. Plus keep any rain water off the wood seat pan.

Diane will be covering the seats today.
Bullhead
Neoprene, that's a good idea. I add a layer or two of thick carpet padding for that same reason. Nothing worse than bottoming your bottom out on a hard piece of plywood. :laugh:

I'v seen several people use carpet padding on seats. I never thought it held up very well.
When I was building bicycles. Gel pad became the "THING".

I'v been studing how to make my own gel pads for my trail scooters. Ebay sell's some, but you have a lot of waste. But for now neoprene is the best I can do.

Cheers!

Yes, use the emblem. I tried to find what the original NTSA emblem looked like. These pictures are all I could find. The man with the flat top cap is Ray Wing, one of the founders.

nice looking bike. I wish mine had been this complete. I have a 681 and it needs lots of help if you get any tote gote climbaways let me know.
steve

nice looking bike. I wish mine had been this complete. I have a 681 and it needs lots of help if you get any tote gote climbaways let me know.
steve
You want it just for show or go?
Parts are so hard to get. Maybe just make your 681 just for riding. And wait for a nice complete ToteGote.

This model "P" had been listed on CL for months. It was a two hour drive for us to go get it. But I always concider gas money. So we hit Harbor Freight and a swap meet all the same day.

Bullhead

Yesterday I drove 2 hrs to pick up this tote gote 760. It is complete and has 1969 7hp briggs. The ad had been up for 2 weeks with no takers. I didn't want it to end up in the junkyard. They are still out there so keep looking.