Track 2 Ride is too Harsh..Easy 5 min fix

TomH

This is simple, you need a drill and a bit and a squirt oiling can.

I weigh around 185 so results might be different if you weigh more or less, but I think you can get the same results by playing with the spring adjuster.

Ok, right at the top of the threads on your shock on the seat side end. Drill a hole 1/8"-1/4" will work. You should break thru into the hollow part of the shock if you drill right next to where the threads end. Next, squirt a couple of shots of oil into the hole. Squirting oil in the hollow part will disable the super stiff shock. This mod allows the spring to work only and it is plenty stiff also. Depending on your weight, you can tighten or loosen up the spring to suit your weight and riding style. I have my spring tightened about 2" from the top. You will notice a huge difference.

TomH

Well as long as we are off topic..you do something with cheese? I hauled a lot of it out of that part of the country.... Or do you just cut da cheese:pimp:

Well as long as we are off topic..you do something with cheese? I hauled a lot of it out of that part of the country.... Or do you just cut da cheese:pimp:
Last name is similer...nickname since I was lil and I also had a small business named ''Cheezy Racing Inc.'' Building street car motors and such. Ya its actually a boring reason.:sleeping:

TomH

Nah that's a cool story. I was just messing with ya. But now I know, I had been wondering if you were involved in the cheese business..that's boring:laugh:

Blaaaa blaa blaa, my Track 2 rides too rough - Suck it up Ladys and ride that Track 2. :laugh:

(Good tip though)

Sorry to be off topic..but I cant focus on what you wrote cause your avatar is making me stare at it.:laugh:
Stare at my avatar and see what happens. . . mouth watering tasty Krispy Kreams.

Last edited:

TomH

:laugh::laugh: I have mine fixed that way for a while and it is still working. It passed the test, so I posted it. Seat is still hard waaaaaaaa uuu uuu uuuwaaaaaa. But sometimes there is no substitute for looking good.:pimp: