trail horse auction find, survivor?

Wow that's a beauty !

I wonder why it's got steelies instead of Trailhorse mags on it. I'm not a TH expert...maybe that model came that way.

Either way, very nice find.

Thanks, changed oil, gassed it up and it was up and running. Runs,drives, and brakes can't ask for much more. I can't wait to get my grandson on it as soon as his mother leaves!

I wonder why it's got steelies instead of Trailhorse mags on it. I'm not a TH expert...maybe that model came that way.
Some models had the Mags, some had 6 inch steel wheels and some had 4 inch steel wheels.

And another Horse with Blazer style forks. Hmmmm....

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...
Yes, another oddity. I'll bet quality control wasn't up to par back then. Somebody here even has a Trail Blazer with Trail Horse forks.

zairizona, That bike is in really nice survivor condition (too nice to let a child ride it and maybe wreck it) A collector of those bikes (which there are many of us on this site) would love to add it to their collection). If I were you I would put a price on it and sell it to somebody here. You should be able to sell it and find another bike for your grandson to ride and end up with some money in your pocket. :thumbsup:

I might consider to sale this mini, I too, believe if it is a rare find in this condition then it should be saved. So, why don't we consider this a pocket listing and see what you cllectors would be willing to part with for this mini. Private message me with your suggestions, I would even consider delivery for a modest fee, I could use a roadtrip. Thanks for the feedback gentlemen.:hammer:
There are more pics in the gallery under trail horse.

Last edited:
That is definitely one of the nicest examples of a Trail survivor! Clutch guard to boot but why wouldn't it be there with how nice the bike has held up to the years.

Thanks for sharing the pics and as Simpletom stated, you may want to consider passing it off to a collector (not me, lol) and picking up something else for the kid to rip around on.

A new acquaintance of mine was telling me about their survivor Bultaco Metralla. A really nice bike that was bought from the original owner needing no restoration. It was laid down at speed and now gets a full on restoration making it not original. Just some food for thought. As many like to say here, "They're only original once".

I might consider to sale this mini, I too, believe if it is a rare find in this condition then it should be saved. So, why don't we consider this a pocket listing and see what you cllectors would be willing to part with for this mini. Private message me with your suggestions, I would even consider delivery for a modest fee, I could use a roadtrip. Thanks for the feedback gentlemen.:hammer:
There are more pics in the gallery under trail horse.
If you want to sell it here YOU need to come up with a price. Then list it for sale in the classifieds here. This is not Ebay. :hammer:

OK, I will take some time to ponder a price and put it in the proper category. Thanks again,
On a serious note....list it on E-bay. Let these fools fight for it. You will get the market value and nobody gets offended or plays cut throat on here. And that is a very nice bike.

Or it could do less than you "think" it's worth and you either sell it cheap or look like an idiot and keep listing it. Everyone knows what you paid. It's a Minibike and it's not a Rupp or Honda Z50 so don't expect to get "crazy" money. Put a price on it that is fair if you "really" want to see it go to a collector and be saved. You have a grandson so your old enough to know that we all know you came here with the sole intention of flipping it. Which is fine but don't be a tool. Price it,sell it,move on like all the rest.

Yea Gumpit, but my sole intention was to join a mini bike club and get an understanding what these things are and what they are worth. I have had my survivor honda 70 for many years now and enjoy showing it and riding it. Its just nice to know what ya got and what to do with it without ruining it. But like most collectors every thing is for sale at a price, nobody rides for free...no worries, good day!

Which is fine but don't be a tool. Price it,sell it,move on like all the rest.
Seems a little small for me... I wonder what I should do to get it ready for the market?
A) leave it as it sits
B) toss the snowblower motor and take it apart and sand blast it leaving it as a roller
C) find the right wheel for the front
D) wait for interesting pm's lol
I'm getting a few offers. Maybe we should all make a pilgrimage to OldMiniBikes and have an auction. Everybody can bring stuff and take the money they make and spend it at OldMiniBikes:thumbsup:
I know, right?

I havent decided what I'm doing with mine yet. But I am not motivated by money. Ask the person who offered me $$$ and see what I told them. But its nice to have a stalker... Kind of like OldMiniBikes Twitter... I have a follower...lol

im kinda confused...im new,i know,but...
this sure looked like double standards to me...
i wondered when you posted your bike originally gum because of what you said.
it sure looked like you were Fishing....:shrug:

please teach me the error of my ways...i read it wrong?
otherwise,daves right and you are yelling at people for doing exactly what you did....?
:confused: