Trailmaster mb 200 charging Coil

I recently swapped my stock Jiang dong engine for a predator 212 got everything else hooked up with out a hitch now my charging Coil must not be working because my headlight doesn't come on what could it be.?

SAS289

You put the electrical parts on the 212 including the 196 flywheel and it doesn't work?

The 196 flywheel doesn't fit properly on the Pred 212.

Would have been a good idea to research these engines prior to purchase. If you wanted a Predator you should have gotten a 224. Your 196 flywheel fits properly on that engine. The 196 cam also fits in the 224 if you are one of those guys who are concerned about the 224's plastic cam gear.

Why did you get a 212 for it? Did you blow up the 196?

Why did you get a 212 for it?
Massive power gains is the obvious answer. Isn't that why 80% of the Predator swaps you see people do are replacing 196cc engines that have nothing wrong with them?

212 > 196

It's basic math.

Only an idiot would rather spend the $150+ a 212 will cost you on mods for a 196 that will make it a better engine than the 212.

Massive power gains is the obvious answer. Isn't that why 80% of the Predator swaps you see people do are replacing 196cc engines that have nothing wrong with them?

212 > 196

It's basic math.

Only an idiot would rather spend the $150+ a 212 will cost you on mods for a 196 that will make it a better engine than the 212.
Thanks for calling me an idiot

You put the electrical parts on the 212 including the 196 flywheel and it doesn't work?

The 196 flywheel doesn't fit properly on the Pred 212.

Would have been a good idea to research these engines prior to purchase. If you wanted a Predator you should have gotten a 224. Your 196 flywheel fits properly on that engine. The 196 cam also fits in the 224 if you are one of those guys who are concerned about the 224's plastic cam gear.

Why did you get a 212 for it? Did you blow up the 196?
Yeah I put a hole through the block with a bolt that stuck behind the flywheel plus it put a couple of dents in the charging Coil also it unraveled the cool so I don't know if I get a new charging coil would that make a difference.?

Yeah I put a hole through the block with a bolt that stuck behind the flywheel plus it put a couple of dents in the charging Coil also it unraveled the cool so I don't know if I get a new charging coil would that make a difference.?
No I don't care or no anything about plastic cam makes no difference to me you guys in here seem like experts is why I came here thanks

SAS289

Yeah if you think the coil got damaged enough not to power the light there's no quick fix. You would have to get a new one.

I never called you an idiot. It was a response to why most people seem to get a 212. At that point you had never said why you were doing the swap. Since you destroyed your engine and need to replace it I'd think you were an idiot if you DIDN'T put a 212 or larger engine in it.
Accidentally put a lost bolt in the flywheel through engine block is why I swapped sorry the misunderstanding thanks