Train horn

kbs8ball

anyone ever hook a train horn up to anything?....like a super loud freight train horn...i want one for my night train. im tired of cars being in my way.

I had a really loud electric horn on my goldwing.Problem was when you would honk it would scare the person in the vehicale and almost always made them swerve.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Dude a real 5 chime train horn is HUGE! I had a "Foamer" friend that used to have one in his garage "borrowed" from an old freight engine in the Southern Pacific Bone yard in downtown L.A. Unless you have a full size pickup or a big rig you just don't have enough real estate to mount one let alone on a bike. You need a really huge air supply to make it work right too! But rest assured when you blow that thing, it wont matter if your MILES from railroad tracks, people will STOP!

TomH

Yeah I have a set of three, they are the shiny spot right before the tank. It is something to honk them when the kids give you the honk signal. They usually are not expecting it, the reactions are priceless. The adults in the front seat usually hit the roof when they go off.:laugh: One time the mom was reading the paper in the front seat. When I blasted them she turned around and went to beating the two boys with the paper who were in the back seat. We were all laughing our heads off.
signaltank

I have a ahhooggaa horn on my street legal 71' Coleman 5.30 and a siren in my 53' DeSoto Ambulance and their loud enough :laugh::thumbsup:

TomH

you have to watch it on the road. yeah I get impatient and have let loose with a blast. It's a mess, most lock up their brakes, bigger cluster. works good for deer and elk, drunks and kids

WrenchDad

works good for deer and elk, drunks and kids
I Hope your out on the road when I drive to Florida in September..... My kids got one comming!!! All I hear for the 7 hours I drive in the daylight is " Hey dad pass that truck so I can give him the honk sign"

KB2ROCKET

super loud air horns scare the heck out of people and scared people get angry and make bad decissions
also they can damage peoples hearing and cause heart attacks
I am all for a loud horn but they can cause more harm than good and for what so you can laugh? :no:
get a loud horn but think before you actually use it

Neck

Growing up is optional
Actually, the best time to blow it is going through a small deserted town, that has no RR tracks, after midnight when everybody is asleep. :laugh:
[/QUOTE]

super loud air horns scare the heck out of people and scared people get angry and make bad decissions
also they can damage peoples hearing and cause heart attacks
I am all for a loud horn but they can cause more harm than good and for what so you can laugh? :no:
get a loud horn but think before you actually use it
You can probably find one of those multi sounded electric ones that has freight train on it.. :shrug: Just get your own sound bight on your ipod plugged into your stereo and a set of JBL 10"s pointed out the sunroof.. :lol:

TomH

I Hope your out on the road when I drive to Florida in September..... My kids got one comming!!! All I hear for the 7 hours I drive in the daylight is " Hey dad pass that truck so I can give him the honk sign"
Yeah just a quick blast usually does it, they love it. Mom racked out in front usually doesn't. One of the best ones was going thru Atlanta. Traffic was moving slow, I looked down and this curly haired chunk of a little kid was riding in back in his car seat. He couldn't have been over three, he gave me the signal, so I hit the button and the horns were right beside moma driving. I couldn't see her when they went off, but he was looking straight ahead like I didn't do nothing. When they pulled ahead, she was still giving him hell.:laugh::laugh:

Tomas

I'd like to blast a train horn at them @sswipes texting while driving when I'm finally able to get next to them and see why the hell they are going 15 mph slower than everyone else. :thumbsup:

buckeye

Where ya been Brian?

And yes,I like a good laugh.
I, was the victim on the flight home. These three teen girls behind me though it would be funny to pop the window on our descent.
I am not a good flyer. Just a bit jumpy.
The girl popped that window. Good thing I had my seatbelt on. I would have broke my neck on the ceiling.
They laughed that goofy teen girl giggle the rest of the flight.
Me, not so giggly.:laugh: