Trash Picked Mini Bike

Found a free mini bike in the trash. Not vintage, but cool for being free. The people were moving and had a big big pile full of stuff and this was there. Loaded this up quick! It had a mitsubishi 6.0hp engine.. and yes, i said "had". Wouldnt start, checked air filter and the filter was missing along with dirt chunks leading to the engine.. then no compression. So the engine is shot. But i do want to save this bike as it is nicer than my 70's cheeftah... I want to buy a new engine for it, but i want to be able to know it will fit before i buy a clutch and new chain. I was looking at the Predator engines, i have one on my cheeftah and its a workhorse for a 90cc.. I looked at the 212cc models, and they are on sale at my harbor freight, would it fit? From what i understand, the predator engines are a honda clone, and the mitsubishi engine resembled a briggs vanguard engine...:shrug:

Any help would be appreciated

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqfbXaLq_bQ

Last edited:
Hey SteelHead !

What a find.

Looks like a fairly late model 'warrior'...kind of like a baha ?

Anyway, the 212 is what they put in those if i am not mistaken.

So, yes, a 212 will fite.

Try to search baha, or warrior, and see how some folks have fitted theirs.

And welcome to the OldMiniBikes !

Hey SteelHead !

What a find.

Looks like a fairly late model 'warrior'...kind of like a baha ?

Anyway, the 212 is what they put in those if i am not mistaken.

So, yes, a 212 will fite.

Try to search baha, or warrior, and see how some folks have fitted theirs.

And welcome to the OldMiniBikes !
And looking at your's closer...it has a 212 on there, so a 212 will fit for sure !

Have fun with it !

jeep4me

Great find and great save.

Predator should fit in there with no modifications. Everything should line up as well... clutch, chain rear sprocket.

Should be a nice cruiser when you're finished.

Nice job.:thumbsup:

will the shaft size be the same? im finding no info on that anywhere, but i have seen several youtube videos of the baja mini bikes using the same clutch on a predator engine.. and how do i get the clutch off the old engine?

Thanks in advance, im going to make a project log and finish this bike nicely :laugh:

WrenchDad

will the shaft size be the same? im finding no info on that anywhere, but i have seen several youtube videos of the baja mini bikes using the same clutch on a predator engine.. and how do i get the clutch off the old engine?

Thanks in advance, im going to make a project log and finish this bike nicely :laugh:
Should be a bolt on the end or maybe a set screw in the key way. If not show us a pic of it and some one here will know.
Nice find. all I find is free VHS players:doah: