Tristar wheels

the new wheels also have words cast into the sides of the wheel, where the vintage does not. We don't know the width of his wheel either. If it is a 4" wide wheel it costs more. He also states that is a "shipped" price. Untitled.png

Addicted 2 Minis

I guess that's it, the lettering cast into the rim. Even the 4" wide 6" wheels are $49.99 and if you buy a pair at OldMiniBikes Warehouse you'll get free shipping. I really didn't think that the Tri-Stars had that big of a following but I could be wrong, I see them listed on eBay all the time at higher than new prices.

There is a huge difference in casting quality between the vintage Tri Stars and the new ones. To the point that some of the new ones are un-usable as sold, they are so out of round.

So why are we in this guy's sales thread?

Addicted 2 Minis

Well, I do have a set of new ones and I do agree about the castings on the new ones, the bearings won't stay in on one of my sets. I see "Vintage" wheels going for more than new ones and wondered what the difference really is and why they are worth more if they are still being produced, now I know.