Universal Power Pak

I am restoring a Sidekick trail bike and it has a Universal Power Pak clutch on it. The internal springs are shot and I need replacements but don't have a clue where to start looking. Any help would be appreciated. DSCN3093.JPG DSCN3095.JPG DSCN3096.JPG DSCN3094.JPG

I am restoring a Sidekick trail bike and it has a Universal Power Pak clutch on it. The internal springs are shot and I need replacements but don't have a clue where to start looking. Any help would be appreciated. View attachment 275857 View attachment 275858 View attachment 275859 View attachment 275860
I am restoring a Sidekick trail bike and it has a Universal Power Pak clutch on it. The internal springs are shot and I need replacements but don't have a clue where to start looking. Any help would be appreciated. View attachment 275857 View attachment 275858 View attachment 275859 View attachment 275860
You could visit WB Jones company and Century Spring. They measure springs in a specific way. With your dial calipers, you could measure your worn-out survivor.
Maybe a fellow member here has a survivor spring that is not deformed and fatigued that could provide measurements.
WB Jones have historically been real helpful on the phone.
Nice project.

You could visit WB Jones company and Century Spring. They measure springs in a specific way. With your dial calipers, you could measure your worn-out survivor.
Maybe a fellow member here has a survivor spring that is not deformed and fatigued that could provide measurements.
WB Jones have historically been real helpful on the phone.
Nice project.
Thank you for the info. My digital caliper battery is dead, so as soon as I get one I will take some measurements.

Bikerscum

As mentioned... Century Spring, Lee Spring Co. sell just about every spring you can imagine off the shelf. Measure the wire size & OD, find a match in their catalog, even if theirs is longer. If it is, just cut the extra coils off & bend the new end coil out into a loop with needle nose pliers. If you get lucky you might even get 2 springs out of 1. Simpler than it sounds.

As mentioned... Century Spring, Lee Spring Co. sell just about every spring you can imagine off the shelf. Measure the wire size & OD, find a match in their catalog, even if theirs is longer. If it is, just cut the extra coils off & bend the new end coil out into a loop with needle nose pliers. If you get lucky you might even get 2 springs out of 1. Simpler than it sounds.
Thank you, I did exactly that. Measured and found some on McMaster-Carr site.