Unknown Mini, unusual engine mount

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
This has never been hole mounted for a TEC or BRIGGS

It is meant to have a engine like this but, I'm sure not a 50cc Yamaha dirt bike engine.

This engine however, fits the location perfectly.

Has one spring under the steering Colum for front suspension, like Cat bikes do.

Please, What is it????

Oh, the backrest is off a vintage motorcycle and does not belong.

Much better photos when I can.

Last edited:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Thanks O/A, The engine is a 50cc Yamaha, says so on the other side.

However, can't be the OG engine ( could it ? ) it fits so well, you would swear the bike was made for it.

Edit: Googled up Bird bikes, from what I've seen, this is not a bird product.

I do see why you would say Bird but, its different.

Last edited:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
After looking at this more closely, Bike has been repainted.

I would say engine mounts are custom made to fit the engine. ( Extremely good job to )
like factory would have done, unreal fitting.

Last edited:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Took this mini down to the bare bones, Frame is factory made.

Seat plate placement has been changed and a second section was added. For the longer seat.

Brake bracket was relocated from the Left to the right hand side. Engine plate was removed

for a new one. As well custom engine mount brackets were made. Fuel tank I feel is from

something else. Forks are OG and not altered in any way.

SO, it is very heavily Moded frame but, extremely well done.

I'm doing a full-out revamp on this mini, Paint, rear fender, Sissy bar, rear axle, Throttle and brake cables/housing's,
Choke cable and placement. Going to check to see if the engine has power for lights? they may be added if it does.
Seat and back pad will get new covers.

Upgraded the 4" wheels to 6". Used the sprocket and disc from the 4" OG wheel.

Would have never worked but, I used a Honda 50 wheel I had here and it was just right for the job.

Took this mini down to the bare bones, Frame is factory made.

Seat plate placement has been changed and a second section was added. For the longer seat.

Brake bracket was relocated from the Left to the right hand side. Engine plate was removed

for a new one. As well custom engine mount brackets were made. Fuel tank I feel is from

something else. Forks are OG and not altered in any way.

SO, it is very heavily Moded frame but, extremely well done.
Have you seen some of the homemade builds in the project logs area? Lots of talent here and I'm sure there was lots of talent back then as well. Some of these "one off" bikes that are found are most likely projects of a talented dad building a bike for his kid.

Have you seen some of the homemade builds in the project logs area? Lots of talent here and I'm sure there was lots of talent back then as well. Some of these "one off" bikes that are found are most likely projects of a talented dad building a bike for his kid.
Kind of like Jeep2003's builds:thumbsup:

Last edited:

markus

maybe the reason it has Bird qualities is they maybe used mini bike plans....they just didnt have a 2" radius bender :shrug:

http://www.vintageprojects.com/mini-bike/Wren Mini Bike Plans.pdf

That disc brake is the one that Lil indian used, Boa ski and speedway used it as well, but those are the only ones I can think of offhand. might be an indication where other parts used on it may have possibly come from.

If your going through that bike, I'd be spending some quality time at that headtube, lotta brazing going on there!!!!

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
" I'd be spending some quality time at that headtube, lotta brazing going on there!!!! "

True, lots of cabbage in that area, LOL

The Plans you posted Markus is almost a dead ringer for this frame but a few diffrences.

Frame swept up in the rear.....
Fixed foot pegs.....
Front end has spring under the goose neck....
Looks like it started out in this world as a 70'ish Heathkit Boonie to me.
Heathkit_3_0081 (1).jpg
20161205_081758.jpg

Last edited: