Unknown shock

I am missing a retainer on this shock absorber that was on a 67 Rupp Continental custom. I do not see any makers Mark of any sort and need to replace one of the missing retainers. Does anyone have any information on a source for one?
1.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited:

capguncowboy

They're not original to that bike, so I wouldn't put too much effort into attempting to locate a match or a replacement part for that one.

Rupp used a chrome internal coil shock on their Continentals.

Sometimes, you can get lucky and find a nice set on a 1968 C350/C500, or a 1969 Sprint/Digger.

But if you're just looking for something that'll work for what you need, OldMiniBikes has adjustable shocks that at least look similar to the original Sebac shocks that Rupp used on other models: https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/shock-3-8-hole-id.html

Thank you capgun.

I would love to find an original style set. Does anyone have a lead on s pair? I was hoping to do a quick repair until I could find a suitable replacement.

QUOTE=capguncowboy;1174820]They're not original to that bike, so I wouldn't put too much effort into attempting to locate a match or a replacement part for that one.

Sometimes, you can get lucky and find a nice set on a 1968 C350/C500, or a 1969 Sprint/Digger.

But if you're just looking for something that'll work for what you need, OldMiniBikes has adjustable shocks that at least look similar to the original Sebac shocks that Rupp used on other models: https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/shock-3-8-hole-id.html[/QUOTE]

minibikefever

They're not original to that bike, so I wouldn't put too much effort into attempting to locate a match or a replacement part for that one.

But if you're just looking for something that'll work for what you need, OldMiniBikes has adjustable shocks that at least look similar to the original Sebac shocks that Rupp used on other models: https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/shock-3-8-hole-id.html
capgun is the foot brake on the c-350 stock or custom

capguncowboy

I don't know for sure. I know it was offered as an option from Rupp originally, but I recall someone saying they eventually made it standard because it was the only way to get enough leverage to make it work

minibikefever

thanks, trying to figure out exactly what model I have, sprint or digger? blue with the adjustable chain tensioner, footpegs in the back with the inner coil springs like davidcmay is looking for, try to post pics tomorrow

capgun is the foot brake on the c-350 stock or custom
It was stock. I bought my C-350 in June 1968 and it came with the foot-lever spot disc brake. I was dismayed because I wanted the hand-lever disc brake like was shown in the Rupp 1968 catalog for that model. The dealer told me it was a factory change to provide a more positive force on the brake disc than the cable type provided. I never liked the looks of it as all the other Rupp models above the C-350 stuck with the hand-lever cable actuated disc brakes. At 14 years old I wanted my mini-bike to have the "motorcycle look" brakes as shown in the catalog and be the same as what many of my mini-bike friends had. Never quite got over that disappointment.