Update Go Kart

hello guys i found what i needed in my older post but i have a new problem.... i bought a sprocket and its fits on my axle a little to big but it has 2 small holes on the side and i would like to know if i can somehow use these holes to tighten my sprocket on the axle or is there another way that i can make my sprocket fit on my axle

imgur: the simple image sharer

Last edited:
yes sir that's exactly what I figured it was .. no offense to you in any way but them hubs suck .. you may end up making some spacers so it cant slide left or right on axle and throw your chain ..

tighten it down and try it .. but ill be in time it will losin up and drift to one side or other ..

one of them should tighten down on the keyway and other one just tightens on axle ..

well sir ., im pretty sure there should be two allen sets (screws) in the holes on hub .. take a 5/32 allen wrench and tighten them down against axle ..
unless im not understanding something ..

is there a doubled keyway or something to take up more space for the key way or would i have to weld two together

and thanks for the info i was really stumped

doubled ..?? not sure what your asking .. you can buy it in 1 ft. long pieces .. or 4 ft. long pieces and cut it however long you need to ....

I run mine from the wheel all way to bearing on both sides on the outside ...then on the end that's touching the bearing I grind a slot about 1/4 x 1/8th deep and slide it under bearing ..it does two things keeps it from flinging out and keeps axle centered better ..

ill post a picture of what I mean ..