Update on my BDM mini bike

I've stretched the top portion of the frame 5 inches. Repainted it and I currently have the seat at the upholstery shop. I would like to have some better wheels and tires but I don't want to spend the money on them. I have $135 total in it so far.

Yeah looks good.

10:1 ratio would be great for popping wheelies but you probably want to get closer to 6:1 on that bike for all around riding.

OldMiniBikes Warehouse sells a 3/4 npt thread muffler that would probably work well on there Muffler 3 4" Pipe Thread Low Tone Replaces Briggs Stratton 393010 393010s | eBay Free shipping !

Depending on how long you leave the tailpipe and muffler you might want to consider using some type of hanger to support it just so your not stressing the threads in the block. Maybe drop down from the rear seat bracket.

The forks beating the paint off the frame is a common problem..you can maybe slit a small section of clear vinyl tubing and pop it on each side it won't look real obvious.

Good luck we'll be waiting to see the finished product.

That's a good idea on the hanger. I may look into that. And yes I would like to run a muffler like that. These little engines are so loud.

I'm thinking about putting a little rubber tit on the frame. Don't like the idea of the paint getting chipped.

I'm going to wait to get it together and drive it and then figure out the gear ratio.

Thanks for commenting. I'll keep you guys updated.

Billy

You could always swap the two jack shaft gears around so you get a 3:1 ratio...it would take a while to get going but you'd be going 100 mph lol.