Utility Bike from Scratch

I whiped up the ski pretty quick. I think it should work well. I first made the perimiter with conduit and welded in the sheetmetal in the center so that the edges have some grip. It tapers down at the back so the snow doesnt get caught. Then i hammered in a bit of a hump in the center and welded on a piece of bar down the center of the front to help it turn. I figure if I have problems with is sliping out i can always weld on some more ridges. Theres nothing to keep it from turning under but theres enough weight on the front that I dont think itll be a problem. It wont work in deep thick stuff anyway. Im just thinking it might work better than like my Super Bronc that just blasts its way through the snow maybe this will kinda help get over and pack it down some. Assuming we will get snow this year.

We had 6-12" the last few days so i got to test a bunch of stuff. My ski, my 2 engine bike and my bike with the tracks. They all work quite well. The Ski performs great its much more stable and solid feeling than the wheel. It doesnt slip out or anything except when you hit the pavement. Ofcourse it works best on the flat or downhill where the back tire isnt struggling for traction. but keep the momentum up and it rides well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6z1wypgsLA

Thanks for the video Brian. I've always wondered about those skis and how they really work. Best of all, it's a home made ski. Great work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk