VC 460 rpm range?

noseoil

Wondering who has built one of these motors? Which parts, cam, insides etc. & what rpm range is "safe" for pulling good sustained power out of this type of motor?

chrisr

I have one in a bike I built with a Comet 94c/90d (stock spring rates) and added a 90CAM-280-0211 Camshaft, 280 0211, GX390 (Approx .280 lift and 220 duration (at .050)) from NRracing, 50lbs springs along with the campion shaft mounted rocker arms and new pushrods. Mine will do ~4700 off the line and at top speed its ~4100 @ 60 mph. Pretty good deal and power for the money as is, I was just looking for more low end torque is why I added the new cam, etc...

Attachments

noseoil

After doing some more reading & looking, it seems like staying under 7,000 is the way these builds need to be done. Above this and things start to break. Below this number with a billet rod & flywheel loolks to be fairly safe for a longer running motor.

Guess I need to do a bit more research into cams & tolerances prior to a build. The 460 seems to be a good starting point to make about 30 hp with reasonable life expectancy for higher speed runs. Durability is still the key to a motor for me. It's expensive enough already without another layer of cost as things run & start breaking...