Vent in gx200 3" big bore

Hey folks ,

Just want to know how Many and where you put your vent on the engine to take off some pressure
I get my pressure for the pump in the crankcase ( front) and i only have a vent to take pressure off in the valve cover. Is it enough??

Did you think if i have to much presssure in the block it can blow the head gasket ? Having trouble to Seal this Monster !!

trinik7597

Compression in the cyl .. and block pressure are 2 different things ... you should definitely have the block vented in a big bore motor ... probably 2 ports would not hurt .. either drill and tap the top of the side cover .. or the flat spot where it says Honda on the top of the block ... sealing is another story

Can i take Also the presssure for the fuel pump in the block with 2 vent area or it is Better to take them in the valve cover now? Will i get enough pressure for the pump with 2 vent in the block ?

Thanks

trinik7597

Pulse your pump off the intake manifold... its way cleaner .. and your valve cover vent as well as block vents should run to a catch can.. but plumbing depends on your set up

Ok sounds good , i'll try this ! But for tomorrow night race i cant take pulse from intake manifold , are u thinking that i Will have enough presure for pump in the block with 2 port to take pressure out ?

Yeah you are vented where I thought... even that would probably be sufficient if you pulse your pump from the intake and run that to a catch can as well as your valve cover vent .. you have any block bracing with the 3" bore ??

Yes the block was braced last week .
I only run 1 gasket but have trouble with .

Used studs
Copper gasket .033
Honda bond
Anneal gasket
25lbs torque nuts on studs

The only thing , i didnt o-ring it
It seals for couple laps then blow every Time in the Middle of the top 2 studs

The deck and head are perfectly milled

I Will try now i think a cometic matérial gasket with fire ring

Yup the clearance are good !
Are u suggest me to use honda bond on the gasket ? Or only some spray Like copper sure seal spray ?
25 lbs on the nuts ?
Lock nuts ?
Lock washer?
Thread locker ( red) ?