Video of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Town Mini

I watch a lot of tool reviews on YouTube and, yeah...it's amazing that people pay so much for a "brand" when the same quality can be had for so much less. Lots of opinions on what's the best wrench or the best sockets/ratchets, etc.

I watch a lot of tool reviews on YouTube and, yeah...it's amazing that people pay so much for a "brand" when the same quality can be had for so much less. Lots of opinions on what's the best wrench or the best sockets/ratchets, etc.
For many years, I bought Craftsman tools, then Sears decided to have them manufactured in China, I was shocked. I thought why pay for the brand name if they're likely being produced in the same factories as less expensive brands? Then, Sears decided to let other retailers sell Craftsman tools (not sure if that was before or after the switch to China production). Then, Sears SOLD the Craftsman Tools brand name! Shocked again! I have since learned about how the CEO ran Sears into the ground while he became richer from doing so. A few years ago, I learned that even Snap-on was having tools made in China. Now, I buy what's cheap. Last hand tools I bought, a couple sets of combination wrenches and an adjustable, I bought Crescent (another fine old USA brand, now made in China) on Amazon, super cheap, like $14-15 for a 10-piece combination wrench set. When I needed an electric impact wrench and sockets, I bought Chicago Electric and Pittsburgh (Harbor Freight). Most recent power tool purchase, I bought 2 Black & Decker angle grinders, around $20 ea on Amazon. It's all made in China, now, brand names mean very little these days. I just buy what's cheap and if it craps out it's no big deal (I do like to have spares in case something breaks in the middle of a job). I have a few tools that are older than I am but the days of buying tools and expecting them to last forever are pretty much gone.

T-Town Mini

Moto Mule has a really good channel and is well worth watching. He's making some of the best engineered vehicles, etc. out there.
I particularly like his "Golf Kart" project.

Status
Not open for further replies.