Vintage Class MSPTEX Taco 22

MSPTREX

https://youtu.be/9x81M-ysX8E

Was a beautiful day to finally ride the Taco. Unfortunetly while doing laps in front of my house some bored small town police officers didnt let me finish dialing in the needle on carb for the jet. Was just starting to run a little better the last pass after adjusting needle right before they show up in the video.

Off camera in a private parking lot later on in the day I got it running good. My original plan was to have this mainly a show bike and not ride it. We will see what happens, I really enjoyed putting around on it today.

With that being said you can stick a fork in it, this bike is done!

That was the best post build video ever! I don't have much good to say about neighborhood cops who should be able to tell the difference between nefarious and unhealthy activities in a neighborhood, and wholesome fun that doesn't bother anyone.

You did a great job on that restoration, and your video is perfect. Good job, all the way around. No need to respond to this and clog up an otherwise stellar thread.

I thought the cop was cool. He didn't just throw the minibike in his trunk and confiscate it like they used too. He let him off.
I couldn't help but notice the use of shoe brakes. Brought back a couple bad memories, everyone thinks a broken foot, ankle or knee will Never happen to them... Use the brakes and stay healthier.
The Minibike looks great ! I love that color.
Danford1

Last edited:

red baron

https://youtu.be/9x81M-ysX8E

Was a beautiful day to finally ride the Taco. Unfortunetly while doing laps in front of my house some bored small town police officers didnt let me finish dialing in the needle on carb for the jet. Was just starting to run a little better the last pass after adjusting needle right before they show up in the video.

Off camera in a private parking lot later on in the day I got it running good. My original plan was to have this mainly a show bike and not ride it. We will see what happens, I really enjoyed putting around on it today.

With that being said you can stick a fork in it, this bike is done!
We just witnessed a fine piece of police work! I didn't realize what a bunch of unsavory characters I was running with. :smile:

Nice Job!!

:thumbsup:
I just spent all morning reviewing both Build logs and all the pictures. Very well done! Love your dedication to the old style MiniBikes from the 60's .. There was a ton of valuable information contained in your logs and I really appreciate all your time and effort to make them both happen. Quite a Task! Great to know about Manchester1 and those seats! Nice stuff! I managed to buy some GoPower wheels from Cambo also and they arrived Flawlessly... Great guy for sure. I LOVE Purple and your pick was simply Outstanding. And Lastly.... How do you like the Steering geometry at high speed?
Thanks again for all your efforts!
Fred Weaver
Sutter Creek, CA

MSPTREX

:thumbsup:
I just spent all morning reviewing both Build logs and all the pictures. Very well done! Love your dedication to the old style MiniBikes from the 60's .. There was a ton of valuable information contained in your logs and I really appreciate all your time and effort to make them both happen. Quite a Task! Great to know about Manchester1 and those seats! Nice stuff! I managed to buy some GoPower wheels from Cambo also and they arrived Flawlessly... Great guy for sure. I LOVE Purple and your pick was simply Outstanding. And Lastly.... How do you like the Steering geometry at high speed?
Thanks again for all your efforts!
Fred Weaver
Sutter Creek, CA
Thanks for the kind words Fred. Funny you ask on how it handles at high speeds. About 2 weeks ago there was a local event at the dragstrip and I took my drag bike and the zebra with me. My trap speed was 55-57mph with the zebra in the 1/8th mile with what gearing I have on it now and was valve floating with 200ft to go. It wasnt as sketchy as I thought it would be but I doubt it takes bumps well at that speed haha

Attachments

Thanks for the kind words Fred. Funny you ask on how it handles at high speeds. About 2 weeks ago there was a local event at the dragstrip and I took my drag bike and the zebra with me. My trap speed was 55-57mph with the zebra in the 1/8th mile with what gearing I have on it now and was valve floating with 200ft to go. It wasnt as sketchy as I thought it would be but I doubt it takes bumps well at that speed haha
Kyle, amazing work. And fast to boot! Too bad about the police in your area, luckily here in Az. They are to busy to "mess" with us. Please check your PM for my message. Merry Christmas everyone! Phxminiguy52