Vintage Class Rupp Roadster Rebuild

j57little

Done!

And here it is in final condition for the build-off. It's running great and came very close to the goal of an all-original configuration.

HeadlampBracket.JPG HeadlightRear.JPG HeadlightInstalled.JPG TC-1-1.JPG Final-4.JPG Final-3.JPG Final-2.JPG Final-5.JPG

Here's the YouTube link for the video:

https://youtu.be/yuPpkdAlJT4

Thanks to everyone who helped on this project.

Last edited:

j57little

Thanks! And it runs good too! I'm surprised that a rusty old hulk five months ago can run like a new machine. Frankly, I was a little nervous taking it out for the first couple of times, but it's doing fine. I have a few more tasks after the Build-off:

1) I have the correct fenders, but the front takes time for plating and the rear that was in two halves needs a ton of work.
2) I have a new headlight bucket with speedo opening in the top that will be installed as soon as I can get the cable worked out.
3) The chrome shock caps will be back in a couple of weeks.
4) Rims are chrome powder coat. I suppose I should go for chrome,but the powder coat looks great and is so much more durable.

But for now its done!

Jack

Last edited:

j57little

One down, two more builds to go...next is my Scat Cat SC214B - not popular, but super high quality components and after that, the Roper. My Roper is so rusty I may have to part it out, but I do have lots of good parts: new 2-speed clutch with Roper mounting bracket, tank (needs some holes sealed up),rear grab bar (if I could get it off), seat in excellent condition, etc. ,etc. With a little luck I can get in parts what I paid for the rust hulk! Then I'll find another Roper worth restoring.

Thanks!

j57little

I made a few upgrades. Having the right wheels does make a difference! And I got my chrome shock spring caps yesterday. That makes a nice difference.