Vintage Honda 50 thinking about buying

I found on Caigslist a vintage Honda 50 thank I am thinking about purchasing. The owner wants $300.00 for it and said that it did run 2 years ago but hasn't started it since. What is this bike worth? How is it trying to get parts for it. He said that it was missing an air clearer. honda 50-2.jpg honda 50-1.jpg

Thanks Tom

PS Tried ti attach 2 pictures of the pike and don't know if it worked.

markus

Values for Honda Z50's are pretty easy to research since they are so plentiful, completed ebay listings and the like will help with value and what that one is need of to complete. I will say it appears to be a K1 version for the most part. Whats the other bike he has (tire visible in the one photo.....looks like an american made vintage mini bike)

Both pictures are of the same mini bike. I looked on Ebay but couldn't find much help. probably wasn't looking for the right stuff. What year would you say this mini bike is? Do you know more about the model of it? Is it a Honda Z50?.

Thanks

Tom

Generally the build date is on the steering head on a sticker/plate. If it is built at the end of the year it is most likely the next year model. ( 11/71 is a 1972 06/71 is most likely a 1971

1971_MB1A

Check for serial # on left lower side of engine case by shifter on machined flat surface...and also if it's not on the front of the neck of the frame,check on the left rear side of the frame where the axle bolt comes through.

markus

Both pictures are of the same mini bike. I looked on Ebay but couldn't find much help. probably wasn't looking for the right stuff. What year would you say this mini bike is? Do you know more about the model of it? Is it a Honda Z50?.

Thanks

Tom
Yes it is a Z50 K1, was the only hardtail model to have a battery which is located under the seat above the rear fender. The K1 was 1969-1970. There is a tag on the headtube like others have said, if that is gone or not ledgible the actual stamped numbers in the frame are on the rear axle mount.

and I was referring to the bottom right corner in the pic of the right side of the bike, you can see part of a General Studded tire just in front of the Honda......There another mini bike there :detective: Some cool bikes used the General tires :thumbsup:

I posted about the mini bike that I wanted to buy and last week the guy emailed me asking me if I was still interested. So I said that I was and picked the bike up this morning for $300.00. I changed the oil on it, changed the spark plug and added gas and it fired right up. Engine and transmission are fine. needs a lot of work other than that. The serial number is Z50A-148116. So it's a 1969 or 1970. Can someone be more specific? Is it a 1969 or a 1970? What else can I learn about this bike based on the serial number?

Thanks

Tom