Vintage Kart Build ( Clone )

Parts came in right on time from the OldMiniBikes Warehouse. 2 Tri Star rear wheels 3x5 '' and bearings and hangers. Now I've got something to work with on this 4 day weekend ...:biggrin:

Carlisle 11 x 6.00 - 5 Slicks

Carlisles! What a cool blast from the past. I had them on my McCulloch kart in the mid-sixties. I'm enjoying this build. Any idea yet what the color scheme will be?

I started work on the rear today and right off the bat I had to extend the axle hangers and I also boxed them in for a little added strength. I used a piece of 1'' tubing as a rear axle so I could get a good measurement for the real axle.

This looks so much like a factory kart of the sixties that if someday the question is asked, "what is it?", there will be lots of confusion! Have you chosen an engine yet?

Thanks ole ! and I know it would be more correct with a vintage two stroke on it but this kart will be riding by my oldest grandson (13 years old) and anybody else that wants to ride it. I'm thinking that the governed 212 hemi engine would fit that build. Easy to start and something you don't have to fool with all the time.

I have a margy my nieces kids ride with a stock predator and it was stock ran great for years. Now that they are older and experienced I am building it up.

That's what I will probably do ole . :wink: Maybe I'll just make the Predator engine look like a vintage engine as much as I can.