Vintage Kart Build ( Clone )

I've decided to try my hand at building a vintage looking kart from scratch. Here's what I've come up with so far, don't look like much yet though.

[MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] Eric here are some inspiration photos.... This is "Sneaks" A-bone "The Widow Maker" with twin Predators. 50 plus horses at your beck and call....

The mounts you need.

Gary said that it wanted to twist the frame until he added this bracing.

I'm liking it. Do you have another cart to go buy or are you just winging it????

Doug

Last edited:
Thanks Doug , and yes I watched Gary and (Dr. Dyno ) as he was building this kart and engines back in the day. His kart is a full blown racing kart as this one will be more of a vintage looking kart with the narrow tires and wheels. Also I will probably let the oldest Grandson ride it so it needs to be a little more controllable. ( throttle stop ):wink:
I have no other kart to copy from....so I'm winging It .:shrug: We'll see what it looks like in the end.

Last edited:
Thanks Doug , and yes I watched Gary and (Dr. Dyno ) as he was building this kart and engines back in the day. His kart is a full blown racing kart as this one will be more of a vintage looking kart with the narrow tires and wheels. Also I will probably let the oldest Grandson ride it so it needs to be a little more controllable. ( throttle stop ):wink:
I have no other kart to copy from....so I'm winging It .:shrug: We'll see what it looks like in the end.
If your winging it you need to make patterns..... I would buy a set.

I have the set of engine mounts in the pic. I bought them from Gary a year or so ago. I just need to find an A-bone..... Cant afford a Rob-Ron version.

Doug

Last edited:
I have a 2 seater that we can trade... Then the oldest grandson can chauffeur the other grand's around..... I know, I know:eek:ut:

I built my nephew a 2 seater for a Christmas gift 15 or so years ago. I had regular turf tires on it but I used go kart rims and stretched them out. It really looked tuff with the wider rims. The old black man that worked at the small engine/go kart shop asked me. "You going to put them tires on a go kart?". I said I was and he said that he had never seen nobody do that before.... Made me chuckle when he said that.

Last edited:
I got cha Doug and the way the oldest one drives...well the two seater might need seat belts and roll bars ! :laugh: You know If this works out I will send you the plans ...:thumbsup:

The one I built my Nephew looked like a dang Sprint car it had so many bars on it. Full roll bar plus down tubes to the front and side bars and rear down tubes and side bars for the tires..... I had to reinforce the front spindles as it kept bending the axle upward.... it was a one wheel peel and I converted it to a live axle. I wish I had pictures of it..... I have never been much on taking pics of things I build. I just build and then think, dang I should have taken pics...

Doug

Me to Doug I've looked through old pics the family has kept but can't find a pic of my first mini bike. Sure wish I could remember what it looked like.:confused:

Thanks Aston....Got that ride video done yet ?:scooter:_________~~~

I've got new rear wheels, (Tri Stars) bearings and axle hangers coming in from the OldMiniBikes warehouse , they should be here in a couple of days.

Last edited: