Vintage mini bike need help!!

I have a vintage mini bike i picked up. This was a curb find that someone was just throwing away as I instantly smiled with joy. Dont know where to start if its worth anything no clue what my next step should be any help would be appreciated very much thanks an advance!

Attachments

Fantic mini bike. In the Broncco family. That's a re-badged Tecumseh engine. I think I remember seeing an old Tecumseh Service bulletin which stated that they would not honor the warranty on these engines here in the US.
That looks like a Dellorto throttle . If so it's worth more than the whole bike.

pomfish

Yeah, put that throttle up on Epay auction only (not buy it now), watch it go high and Smile man!

Does the base of the carb have ribs on it where the fuel bowl mounts up, can't tell form the pictures?
Have a carb that came from one of those overseas Tecumseh and it has that is why I ask.

Later and WELCOME TO OldMiniBikes!!

Keith

pomfish

The more I look that bike the more low mileage it seems to be.
Foot peg rubbers are in great shape as is scrub brake rubber and Tires look like a lot of tread.
Good money to be had for those 7" Tire and Rims. Lots of good parts here.
Part that sucker out and buy a bike all ready to ride maybe.

Minimichael

It's kinda even one of those you wanna leave unrestored. Nice patina and all. Didn't know that about the throttle. What a cool bike. Dust off that seat and ride it! Congrats on a great find!!

1971_MB1A

I have a vintage mini bike i picked up. This was a curb find that someone was just throwing away as I instantly smiled with joy. Dont know where to start if its worth anything no clue what my next step should be any help would be appreciated very much thanks an advance!
The engine appears to be correct and original to the bike. That's how mine looks on one of my original Broncco's

markus

Its a Broncco TX3 Its very much stock still. Aspera was Tecumseh in Italy, There are a few differences between the parts they used here in the states. It will have a Dellorto carb, the head is unique, a different flywheel and usually steel lined cylinder where Tecumseh was dropping that right about that time in that size engine. The throttle is not Dellorto, I am pretty sure that one was made by Domino. It is rare as most of them had a brake handle perch cast into them, but about the only people that would be on the hunt for them would be someone restoring certain version Broncco's. I have the set screws NOS for those as it looks like it might be missing since its rotated downward, Hopefully the slide is there for the throttle cable, and is not too trashed although you can usually find those as well. Little things like that are unique to that bike, so it worth taking the time to rebuild it rather than throw a cheap Taiwan make throttle control on there. Cool bike!

Lizardking

Welcome to oldminibikes.com show!

Fantastic find and glad you saved it before a scrapper picked it up. It's in survivor mode (minus the clutch cover) and should stay that way as long as possible in my book.

Worth???? The joy and smile it gave you is priceless!!!
It's a win win at $free.99!!

Make sure tires, scrub brake, and wheel bearings are good. Clean carburetor/gas tank and change the filter, oil and clean/change the spark plug. Old Clutch can probably be saved by taking it apart to clean and lube . After you have it running then soap and water to clean it up.

pomfish

Why part it out…you hungry or a just a butcher?….resurrect that thing….holy crap part it out?!? Bad advice…very bad…
Advice?
NO, I gave an Option, an Idea, an Opinion on the way to make the most money with out having to try and sell locally, make a crate to ship etc. on something he got for Free/No Cost/All profit on any sale if that is what he decides to do.
For all we know the guy is 6' 8" tall and can't fit the bike or doesn't want to have something that does not get used.
He wants to clean it up get running, ride it, that's all good as well.
Pretty sure he is an adult and is not going to take my comment and make him instantly part the bike without some consideration of all the options at hand.

We have been down this road before.
Nice complete bikes come up for sale here and you get the same old "Wish it was closer" "Would buy if you would ship to Alaska" Etc. or too much money because the cables aren't correct/wrong seat/blah blah.
A well known member had a damn nice complete Rupp for sale here and lowered the price a couple times, everyone sat on their hands until he parted it out and BAM all of a sudden he was a monster for taking apart the bike and making other people happy to get parts and made 2 times the money.
His bike- his options, period.

Very few restored bikes are that way without the help of good parts taken from good bikes. This is not a crime.
What makes it a Butcher or "chop it up" when all the parts unbolt?
No hacksaw or cutting torch needed.

JMHO your mileage may vary :)
Now back to your regular programming already in progress.

copyman

Why can't I find a bike sitting at the curb:( I'm always looking especially on trash day. Also as I drive around for work my head is on a swivel looking in peoples back yards & garages hoping to see abandon bikes / motors.
I recently was looking on Facebook marketplace and really a shame to see so many vintage bikes with Predator engines.

It would be a crime to part out a bike that has original engine and mostly complete. Might take a long time to find any parts needed but worth it in the long run! Just my opinion.

Enjoy......

Very cool. I can't believe that Biemme tool box is still on it! Those alone are pretty rare especially if it's not cracked up. Same one they used on Benelli.

Last edited:
Fantic mini bike. In the Broncco family. That's a re-badged Tecumseh engine. I think I remember seeing an old Tecumseh Service bulletin which stated that they would not honor the warranty on these engines here in the US.
IMG_2423.JPG

I found that service bulletin I remembered seeing. Seems the Aspera was Tecumseh's red-headed step child. Like I said if you had one of those bikes and the engine failed you were SOL as far as Tecumseh was concerned.