Vintage Motor Bike Club

Anyone going to the VMBC 2014 Meet? I have been told by a friend I have to do at least one in my life time. It's like you have to do Back to the Fifties, in Minneapolis. Once you go your hooked. Long drive for me. Upper Minnesota. Bring my two runners, some parts etc.. 19-22 July Portland Indiana.:scooter:

WLB

John, not sure what day we might go yet. All depends on what day my wife has off work. Will you have a space there?

I've been to meets in 4 different states, & Portland is THE best! During the meet, you can ride almost any kind of bike on the grounds AND into town to stores, restaraunts, etc. and the cops won't hassle you - as long as you dont get stupid :thumbsup::scooter:

Hope to meet some of you guys. I have about a 1000 mile drive, and on a Bonanza it will take me a few days.:scooter:
Hello john, I just read your post and wanted to say hi, I just signed up on the forum 2 days ago and wanted to meet someone from mn. I have a lot of hobbies for an old man but im having fun....never did own a mini bike till I ordered one a few days ago...I have been to the swap meet in ind. 12 times in the early 80's and on...I was into john deere 1 cylinder farm engines and old gravelys..still own about 35 gravelys and use them a lot...what town are you from?

thanks,
Gary

remember, those who preserve the past also serve the future!

Was planning to go and camp out one night but was a bit shocked at the price for camping -> $80 + $25 membership fee? Does it really cost that much to camp there? It is my understanding there is no electric or water hookups for this price as well. If this is correct, may just have to make it a day trip, that seems outragously priced for a bit of grass and dirt to put a tent on. Thoughts?

The Fairgrounds charge $15. / nite camping till Saturday when the meet actually starts; then its The Vintage Motorbike Club's fees for Saturday thru Tues or Wed; There is a fair amount of electric hookups, first come, first served however; decent bathrooms with showers, good variety of food including some homestyle cooking; I've been going for about 15yrs, and I gotta say, its the best event of the year :thumbsup::scooter:

So to camp for one night (Saturday night) does actually cost $105? Is this per camping spot, per vehicle, or per person? Am I wrong to think that is REALLY high? How much is admission and is that extra too?

I really hope I am misunderstanding something here, we are very excited about this trip and don't want to turn it into just a daytrip if we don't have to.

Thanks for the info, I can't find it anywhere online.

I actually THINK that figure is for camping Sat. thru at least Tues with membership dues of one year; Now if you are only going to stay one nite, I dont know if they would adjust the camping price or not; I would guess its possible, but I've never ran across that situation personally; Yuo may try & e-mail them from the website - which I know is not very informative - and you may get an answer back by Friday; Hope this helps.....